Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
House of Spiders made me a 12" x 12" x 8" enclosure made for my B.smithi and just finished setting it up yesterday.

The hide is the top from a small seed tray with a door cut into it. The sharp cut edges have had duct tape put over them and then to hide the tape I've put glue on it and sprinkled coconut fibre over it.

The water bowl is a little glass bowl from Tesco. I cut a hole in the hide roof so that the water bowl is sunk down a bit.

The plants are all real heather. Apparently they're fine to grow indoors as long as I make sure they're kept watered and they get enough natural light. I've kept them in their pots to make life easier.

What do you reckon?

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Looks pretty cool.

How did you join the pieces of acrylic together without having big blobs of sealant everywhere?

I have access to acrylic and a laser cutter, but the only thing stopping me from making one is that I don't know which adhesive to use!

·
Registered
319 Posts
It looks fantastic!

The only possible problem I can see is the humidity levels from keeping the plants watered, B.Smithi normally likes it pretty dry! Not sure if there's any other things to watch out for with having live plants in an enclosure, I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will come along and post soon :lol2:.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Looks brilliant : victory: I'd make my own though.
Love the live heather, though true about watering (though the weather in my lounge hasn't been watered in weeks and still seems to be alive!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts