Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
She Ra, Mastress of the Universe
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ummm... just a quick question

can you house locusts and crickets together, as we baught a lil plastic hamster cage to put them in.

the locusts are somewhat bigger than the crickets.

thanks
ella

PS: if not does anyone that lives close by want some locusts? :D

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
i should imagine the locusts would eat the crix as they r known to eat there young also.
Y dont u live closer? lol....Id of had ur locusts for my fat chameleon haha :lol:

·
Registered
250 Posts
nope the crickets would actually eat the locusts and you would be left with some fat crickets. crickets shouldnt be kept with anything i watched them in a meal worm in about a minute and then turn on each other they are nasty little buggers!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
like speedy said, the crix are the bastards.
could always keep the locusts in the tub u buy them in, as generally small amounts in them etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
DUDe crickets are lethal i put 1 in my viv for my lizard and it walked up and bit it. my lizard ate it after tht but i dont like to put more than 1 cricket at a time in my viv as they bite my lizards when they sleep so i sit their for half hour till he is ful lool. for some reason i think he is intimidated by the other. 1 will eat locusts andd other eats crickets any help on how to change this i wish they would just both eat locust.

·
Registered
155 Posts
fed all my lizards crix for over 4 years, no problems

one issue maybe how hungry the crix are,
My crix are fed all the time, not just before they are fed to reptile,
so therefore are not starving and looking for anything to eat when they are put into viv.

The viv also had small bits of cabbage that they can eat in the viv.

·
Registered
801 Posts
tombraider said:
I feed freshly frozen til dead crickets now after this happened. I just hold their back leg and jiggle them about to make them look alive.
Tombraider that's the first pic I've seen of your poor Beardie and I'm shocked! I feel so sorry for you/her, I know she's doing well but its still a shame. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.