Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am thinking of going to a reptile show this year.
I have heard Houten could be a better option than Hamm as it is less hectic.

Does anyone recommend Houten for lizards/geckos??

and I saw on the organisers website that you can book tickets in advance rather than having to queue up but it seems complicated to book as it seems you have to do a bank transfer??

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I wouldnt bother booking in advance, it doesnt save you much time in the que.

As long as you dont go on snakeday there will be various lizards there.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reticulatus said:

Cheers
Dan
Hi,

Thanks, thinking of going on 27th March (All animal show) would this be lizard/geckos or snake day do you know.

Know there is another show in June.

Thanks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reticulatus said:

Cheers
Dan
Hi,

Thanks, thinking of going on 27th March (All animal show) would this be lizard/geckos or snake day do you know.

Know there is another show in June.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hi

Houten is quite a good show, usually quite a few different lizards etc and it is les hectic than hamm but thats because its probally only a quarter of the size, however i havent done snakeday yet so i am not sure of that peticular show

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Snakeday is in October so you'll be fine in march.

If you're looking for something in particular it often helps to book them in advance. This applies for all shows of course, not just houten.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Organisers site seems to suggest having an advance ticket enables you to bypass the queue. With 5 shows in 1 in march this doesn't seem like a bad idea; however you seem to need access to make payments via SWIFT to do this. I wonder if you could go to the box office the day before and pick up a ticket?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rembrandt said:
Organisers site seems to suggest having an advance ticket enables you to bypass the queue. With 5 shows in 1 in march this doesn't seem like a bad idea; however you seem to need access to make payments via SWIFT to do this. I wonder if you could go to the box office the day before and pick up a ticket?
Thanks for the responses everyone.

Yeah it is a shame it is not a simple internet/phone credit card payment option.

Is Swift easy to do, never used it before!?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rembrandt said:
I'm thinking of driving over, have room for a passenger.... where are you located?
Hi,

Thanks for the offer, that is really kind.

But I am dragging the girlfriend along, so will be staying for a long weekend in Amsterdam to compensate her having to try and look as excited as me at the reptile show!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
lol- no problem. Houten is only 45 mins from Amsterdam by train. Just out of curiosity, are you planning on buying at Houten ? How do you plan to bring anything back to the UK by public transport?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rembrandt said:
lol- no problem. Houten is only 45 mins from Amsterdam by train. Just out of curiosity, are you planning on buying at Houten ? How do you plan to bring anything back to the UK by public transport?
Ahhh, now that is the question! Will not be buying anything as I can't due to flying over.......Which is a really good thing in some ways as I would end up coming back with a mini zoo I think!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sorry for butting in on the thread but do these reptile shows have website where you can find breeders that will be there or is it just turn up and hope to find what you are looking for?

thanks

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
i have a table there,seem to remember it being the 25 march though not 27
regards gaz

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
a mate and me are flying the same as rogerbird but we kinda whant to come home with something any one able to help?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts