Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was packing some inverts I sold today and the usually calm Chilobrachys Huahini I sold decided to flip out, just missed my finger and went on an obstacle course around my furniture lol, but I was wondering, seeing as I've never actually been tagged by a T before, how bad is a bite from one of these?

·
Registered
33,297 Posts
So I was packing some inverts I sold today and the usually calm Chilobrachys Huahini I sold decided to flip out, just missed my finger and went on an obstacle course around my furniture lol, but I was wondering, seeing as I've never actually been tagged by a T before, how bad is a bite from one of these?
from what I've heard, bad enough to ruin your day.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tarantula bite

I once had a fully grown chillie and whilst wearing 5ml thick rubber gloves she
Bit the end of my finger,it was like being bit by a hamster ,but without the gloves,also i shook my hand in panic,lol,and she held on lol trust me you dont want to get bit by any t,bites with ts are more mechanical than poisonous,
Unless your allergic!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have read bite reports that claim that the asian spiders have the worst of T bites, I to have never been tagged in 26 years, but if I am ever bitten I kind of want it to be an asian or african species, so that I know that if I ever got bit again it wouldn't be as bad as that first one!!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I once had a fully grown chillie and whilst wearing 5ml thick rubber gloves she
Bit the end of my finger,it was like being bit by a hamster ,but without the gloves,also i shook my hand in panic,lol,and she held on lol trust me you dont want to get bit by any t,bites with ts are more mechanical than poisonous,
Unless your allergic!
tarantula are venomous not poisonous. The delivery method is different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts