1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Is it male or female?

·
Registered
877 Posts
i picked my albino granite male up in a takeaway tub 5 months ago and he's now nearly 5 foot!

·
Registered
537 Posts
First year around 5-6' second year around 8' then they slow down but all snakes grow different so these are average growth rates

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Granites are generally very small as burmese go.

I have a male triple het that is approaching 10 feet at 20 or so months. He was about 5 feet at a year old and is packing on weight nicely. Going forward I would expect this snake to be about 14 or 15 foot in a year or twos time where I cant see him getting any bigger than that.

Females will end up bigger.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
i have a female just under a year old and she is 7 feet had a male years back who got to 8 foot in his frist year,clocked in over 16 feet a 7 years of age!!! had a male albino who only got to 5 feet at year 1 then clocked in at 11 feet at 5 years of age!! some get big some don't!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
hearing this makes me want a burm so badly!! what size vivs do you guys keep yours in? not sure if i could accommodate on at the mo :( i have 3 boas my biggest one is about 5ft and hes in a 4x3x2. i look at burms on the classfield all the time!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
year one you could be looking at 6 foot easy, year 2 nine foot.
i keep mine in melamine vivs that i made myself that are 6'x3'x18'' and 4'x2'x1' and also in tubs for the smaller ones.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
They grow quicker than you can reply to a pm.

Reactions: Becky

·
Registered
537 Posts
hearing this makes me want a burm so badly!! what size vivs do you guys keep yours in? not sure if i could accommodate on at the mo :( i have 3 boas my biggest one is about 5ft and hes in a 4x3x2. i look at burms on the classfield all the time!
I've just made a viv out of ply its 6'*3'*2' but if my girl grows big I may have to make an 8' long. Great snakes to own

·
Registered
4,313 Posts

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
its best to build big i have a female in a 8 foot by 28inches wide and 30 inches high,a viv no bigger than 7 foot long would do for a male but keep them in smaller vivs when young then move on to bigger ones!
this is the one i put my female in!! (not finished in photo)

start in small then move on!! : victory:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts