Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( i ask this as i had a word with a pet shop lady today,as i was worried my corn was too small.

ive had oscar 6 weeks now and hes just about the size of a hb pencil,is this small for a pet shop hatchling?my ex had one as well which was from the same batch of eggs and his is twice the size. i had problems wen i first had oscar with him not eating,the women said he was 5/6 months old.

wen i spoke to a lady today in anther pet shop she showed me a 12 week old corn that was twice the size of oscar.

ive also found out that the pet shop that i cant name but NEAR ME,has boas in with hatchling corns.and also apparently sells coloured bulbs which they have painted themselves,and apparently can kill the reptiles from the toxic fumes.(i had one and it flaked within two days)

i have complained to a lady that deals with health and saftey with animals and she said unless enough people complain she cant do a thing.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
hatchlings can go as young as 3 weeks really.. although longer is better..
as long as they are healthy and eating fine, then there shouldnt be a problem really.
as for the bulbs? i dont use them so i cant 100% be sure, although i wouldnt think this is a good procedure that the shop is doing.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have 3 all from the same clutch ours were about 7 weeks when we got them and ous are different sizes ... my snow being shorter & thinner than the other two by about 50% so if Oscar is eating & doing everything else normally I would'nt worry.
As for the bulbs thats just plain madness, and the animal welfare people :cry: how many complaints is enough to do something :? do what I do Hun vote with your feet and tell other people to do the same (I don't mean name & shame on here......I wouldn't want you to get in trouble even though you might feel like it) just tell people locally to where you are. In my opinion dickhead store owners have had it too good for too long..... if they have no customers they might just close and leave business to good store owners who are passionate about what they do...... I know its easier said than done as I'm a sucker when I see animals in shite conditions as I just want to take them all home.
Rant over ..... Morning All have a lovely day what ever you are up to :D

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
as long as the snake is eating then it will probably be ok anyway... some corns are just smaller. i have an adult female that probably isnt 3 ft, i have hatchlings from last year that are 240/250 grams.. and i know a lot of people have them a lot bigger than that too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:? ive told loads of people near me about the state of the pet shop,alot of people ive spoken to have had problems there too.

trice....yeah he did escape didnt he,i forgot about that.lil bugger lol xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts