Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange question I know but my kingsnake has'nt eaten for over 6 weeks but yesterday I watched him have a poo ! how come? It was very wet looking and not very substantial but it was definitly poo. Surely after 6 weeks there is nothing left to break down in the stomach ?

·
Registered
919 Posts
do king snakes stop eating for a while?mine hasnt eatin hes last 2 meals for some reason i think hes about to shed though by the looks of it.i don't know about your quesion though very strange best to wait till someone who knows about that answer it for you.

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
Yes kings do tend to fast around now. My 13 year old hasn't eaten for 6 weeks but she has done every year since we got her 8 years ago.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
mine shed yesterday, and there was a poo in the middle of the shed, i found this rather weird.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Happened to my garters at times never really thought about it though

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
just a lil bit of poo in him, doubt it is anything to worry bout, on a plus side, it wasn wen u was handleing it lol: victory:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not Eating

My kingsnake has missed two feeds too,

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
do king snakes stop eating for a while?mine hasnt eatin hes last 2 meals for some reason i think hes about to shed though by the looks of it.i don't know about your quesion though very strange best to wait till someone who knows about that answer it for you.
Your name isn't Lee by any chance is it?? :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
mine shed yesterday, and there was a poo in the middle of the shed, i found this rather weird.
It's great when that happens as it makes spot cleaning so easy as it's nicely packaged.
To answer the original question six weeks does sound a long time but if it was very small then it's unlikely that the snake has a problem digesting, it's just a little residual waste that due to it's size takes a long time to clear the intestine.
Graham.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

Hahaha! My boas do this, its like they need to feel fully clean, new skin, empty bowels! Unlike the IJ's which crap on their bamboo poles and smear it all over them and the walls... :sick:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts