Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they can climb glass as I've seen them do so, but why can't they climb up the sides of the bath tub?

I know its prob something daft but I'm curious.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
i would think its all to do with surface finish, as glass can be rough even if you cant see it. where as a plastic bath tub is coated in a smooth paint. that makes it hard for spidee to walk up!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
ive seen a juve t blondi going up the side of a bath, and lucky enough it was shunned back down and into the tub. I agree with the surface texture.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was doing a tank change for a Male Sri Lankan Ornate and he had no problem running (I mean really shifting) up the bath and on to the wall.

Neither do the Pink toes, but our Chileans and salmon pinks, find it very difficult..........I assume being arboreal like the sir Lankan and the pink toe are, maybe there pads are structured differently to cope with climing that they like to do?

·
Registered
12 Posts
:p :)

not all baths are the same my chilly has no problem getting up mine and it is able to get out of there i tried it before and i was looking for her for a week couldnt find her.
last time ill listen to a mate lol baths have diffrent texture to the finish so it is slippy and the finish on glass is diffrent so it can climb up the glass :bash: :bash:

·
Registered
549 Posts
There was an article in a free newspaper not to long ago i'm sure i saved it somewere hold on ...

awww i can't find it...

anyway it said about a study on costa riccan zebra's that showed that some spider have web makers on there feet, so they can stick to surfaces by creating a web style suction pad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts