Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone and done the unthinkable :2wallbang:
I have lost one of my snakes :cussing:
I was filling her water bowl up and mustn't of shut the lid properly I have had a look for her but cant see into some spaces without a torch so the ex is bringing one over for me I have a mouse on the floor and it is feeding day today but I want to know if braining it wil help her smell it better.
I am gutted and really really ****** with myself as I always make sure the lids are shut properly:cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
i would of thought braining it would work better but not sure how ya do dats when ya pierce the skull isnt it i spose you just get sumink sharp and pierce it so theres blood coming out

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Braining does increase the scent,its simple enough,get a pin and stab it straight through the head of the mouse,then just squeeze like a zit!It's a bit grim but can work wonders.

·
Registered
51 Posts
when ever my little corn wouldnt eat i used to brain the mouse, worked a treat everytime:2thumb: she should come back pretty soon

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will go do that now thanks
Should I put her tub heat mat and all on the floor and leave the lid open if I havent found her before I go to work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure how to brain a mouse but there are a few other tips that i used when I lost my corn, try:-

• putting flour/talc on the floor by the door to the room it was in, you can then find out if it is moving between rooms
  • try putting foil or crisp packets around the edges of the room, that way you can hear it when it moves
Also remember to look absolutely everywhere, even if you think it isnt possible for it to go. I found mine in a speaker!!!!! And dont give up, it may take a week or two but will come back eventually

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Stanly knife in the head! Muahahaha!
:D

Good luck
Liam

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldnt get the pin to go thru the skull so have just mashed its head with a hammer that should have the same effect shouldnt it. It was horrible I know the mouse was dead but I was still shaking lol right off to destroy my house I just hope I find her before she finds the bairns rat

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Not sure how to brain a mouse but there are a few other tips that i used when I lost my corn, try:-
  • putting flour/talc on the floor by the door to the room it was in, you can then find out if it is moving between rooms
  • try putting foil or crisp packets around the edges of the room, that way you can hear it when it moves
Also remember to look absolutely everywhere, even if you think it isnt possible for it to go. I found mine in a speaker!!!!! And dont give up, it may take a week or two but will come back eventually
yeh, I lost my corn and tried both these methods. didn't work in my case, but worth a shot. I did find my corn, but neither of these methods helped! I found him on my flat mates bed (well, my flat mate found him!), across and down the corridor... 4days later. little bugger. mice scent didn't work either.

I suggest you buy a strong torch! good luck!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I have gone and done the unthinkable :2wallbang:
I have lost one of my snakes :cussing:
I was filling her water bowl up and mustn't of shut the lid properly I have had a look for her but cant see into some spaces without a torch so the ex is bringing one over for me I have a mouse on the floor and it is feeding day today but I want to know if braining it wil help her smell it better.
I am gutted and really really ****** with myself as I always make sure the lids are shut properly:cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:
done the same with my corn last night,found him in the morning in with all the kids nappies:lol2: hope you find him soon:2thumb:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have looked every where in the room where I keep the snakes I dont know whenn she went missing so she could have got out of the room have to go to work soon so have put her tub on the floor with the mouse in it. I hop ehse is snug back in her hide in the ornng but if not I am gonnna have to go systematically go thru every room. I know I wont settle at work tonight I still cant believe how stupid I ahve been

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
I couldnt get the pin to go thru the skull so have just mashed its head with a hammer that should have the same effect shouldnt it. It was horrible I know the mouse was dead but I was still shaking lol right off to destroy my house I just hope I find her before she finds the bairns rat
Oh my god, you just made me feel so ill!

·
Registered
662 Posts
don't know about the hammer lol i just use a sharp knife to go through the skull but brainings never worked for me i tried it a few times when my hoggie wasn't eating.:bash::rotfl:

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
braining has always been a top none feeder answer 4 me, i just get my feeding pliers and crush the skull!! the brain and gunk always finds sumwhere 2 leek from!!!!! :sick:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
go get a scalpel (spelling?) from a craft shop, that'd work fine

1 - 20 of 22 Posts