Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to delete my account and wana start a new one wiv a new name, but how do delete mine?

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I don't think you can,but you can PM T-Bo and request a name change.

·
Banned
3,076 Posts
speak to a moderator:2thumb: or just go ahead and do it anyways

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
PM a moderator and request a name change if you don't like your username.

Generally speaking you could get banned if something happens to make people think you're using both accounts (and the new one to hide from old posts/history).

·
Banned
1,768 Posts
Why bother?! Why not just create a new account and pm anyone you like enough to want to know?! Seems simple.

·
Registered
22,890 Posts

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
As already stated, please do not create a new account, as this will break the multiple account rules and could result in it being banned. Simply PM T-bo with your namechange request and it will be changed for you.

·
Banned
1,768 Posts
If you give yourself a new name and everything i cant see how they can tell anyway. Theres more rules on here than on the U.N charter.

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
If you give yourself a new name and everything i cant see how they can tell anyway. Theres more rules on here than on the U.N charter.
Because you're still using the same IP address (numeric code that identifies your computer/server on the internet as a semi-unique location) ...

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
The rules are there to protect the users of the forum, and are pretty simple really :)

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Whats the protection from again......?? :whistling2:
I'm sure you can use your imagination, people can create multiple accounts for scamming, spamming, disrupting threads, insulting and abusing without fear of infraction and basically to break all the rules they want on a different account of which they fear no punishment. I don't think it's difficult that people only have one account per person :)

·
Registered
16,112 Posts
If you're going to have more than one account on the same PC advise a mod of this so as they don't think you have 2 accounts. I advised Trice and hopefully the lad took note.: victory:

·
Banned
1,768 Posts
I'm sure you can use your imagination, people can create multiple accounts for scamming, spamming, disrupting threads, insulting and abusing without fear of infraction and basically to break all the rules they want on a different account of which they fear no punishment. I don't think it's difficult that people only have one account per person :)
Nah it aint difficult, i guess i must be abit confused, if someone pissed me off on here ide just laugh it off. If someone gets all upset over comments on here they need to toughen up abit.

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Cant the i.p be banned. Thus it dont matter how many accounts they have.
Problem is an IP address is only SEMI-unique. You could wind up banning people on an entire street or network.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts