Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
as you've got a big viv and small snake, you can do what i do and use a snake hook if you cant reach it.
other than that just get stuck in and hope for the best, my Boa will sometimes hiss at me if she doesnt want to come out, but she doesnt do it often.

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
if it does not have a bottom on it just lift the hide out.:snake: :snake:

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Thats the only probs with those hides from kelly41:lol2: , have the problem all the time trying to get mine out for feeding.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Surely the smell of the prey item will entice him out!! Give it a try, warm it up with a hair dryer to make the smell waft a bit more...

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
there's no need to take him out, just put the mouse/rat in his viv and he'l be out in no time, he obviously feels secure in there so if you stick your fingers in you'l probably get bitten?

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Teasing him with the prey, then trying to move him to the feeding tub may involve in you getting some bites lol

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
since you have not had the snake long, he/she wil probably want to hide for a good coupla weeks, until it gets an idea of wtf is going on. When I got my royal, she didnt wanna come out at all, but she had to, since there was a shedding problem that needed treatment. Just leave him/er, it will come out when ready, and if hungry, it will come out for prey item dangled under nose!

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
exactly, i feed all of my snakes in their own vivs, always have with no problems?
Me too - I've never got any out for feeding - just warm the rat, dangle with tongs near hide and snakey will zoom out so fast and grab it you'll just see a blur - at least that was what it was like to me first time I fed a boa :lol2:

If he's shy because he's new just leave it at the hide entrance and leave the room - it will probably go over night.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
It's a Boa! lol first whiff of food and it'll be out of it's own accord!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
just wave the mouse at the front of the hide, if the boa wants it.. it'll get taken!!

N

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
wave a mouse and that boa will soon be out his hide i have a urn style hide for boss and i just place rat near his viv and he's straight out greedy git he is

·
Registered
10,074 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
a boa in a strawberry...thats def a first...lol...i would jus say dangle it, lol if u wanna get him out then i would go strait in a take im out...however, it may be a bit tricky depending on the size of the ''hide'' lol

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
there's no need to take him out, just put the mouse/rat in his viv and he'l be out in no time, he obviously feels secure in there so if you stick your fingers in you'l probably get bitten?
Yea i would do the same as royal boa said, as he'll probably will come out to eat most of mine do?

6.corn snakes
2.cats
4.kids(all boys driving me:crazy: lol)

Sam

1 - 20 of 20 Posts