Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an egg eater 3 days ago and despite how harmless she is, I'm terrified of her hissing.

I didn't think it'd be bad because my other snake is absolutely fine. I'd even go as far to say he enjoys handling. The newer snake however is so easily spooked that she'll strike at literally nothing.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Careful she will gum you to death.:roll2:

You do realise they don't have teeth right ?

They are just drama queens, once you pick it up it will stop, so just be brave and get behind it and pick it up. :welcome1::closed:

·
Registered
9,293 Posts
her instincts are telling her to hiss to scare you away & your instincts are telling you to stay away from a creature that is 'warning' you. Even if you know she is not dangerous, you can't help but be wary - it's a natural reaction.

Time, patience and exposure to her will help overtime. she will possibly never stop hissing but i guarantee you will feel more comfortable with her overtime.

it used to really intimidate me when some of my snakes hissed but now it doesn't bother me at all : victory:

oh and also, you only got her 3 days ago so it's a good idea to let her settle first before interacting with her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts