Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, my corn laid today finally and i have put the eggs im my incubator but i took a quick picture before hand. How do they look? I havent turned them at all when moving them but there are a couple stood up on one end, will they be ok?? There was one she'd rolled over (the yellow looking one) will that be ok? Sorry for all the questions but this is my first time breeding. Oh and my corn is now happily munching on a nice juicey rat :lol2:
Thanks in advance. : victory:

Sorry about the small pic, its from my iphone

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
They can be moved a little just after laying with no harm but always try to avoid turning them at all, its hard when they are all stuck in a funny shape. From looking at the pic which is a bit small the one on the left of the pic on its own looks like a slug (infertile egg) they look more yellow and tend to go slick after a few days before going mouldy. You can remove it now or wait a couple of days to be on the safe side. The 5 on there sides next to it look good, got the nice papery look to them. The ones on the right look ok but they angle makes the colour look off so cant tell. But right hand side bottom of the two on that edge has a different colour so would bet thats a slug too. But all in all not a bad first clutch, leave them all in and wait a couple of days the ones that go slick and dis-attach themselves from the others can then be removed and thrown away. I would say if incubation goes well then you definately have 5 and most probably have 10 good eggs.

Remember to check mum at some point for any eggs still inside her, should be easy to tell if there is as they feel like ping pong balls. Doubt there will be best to make sure.

Now comes the hard bit the waiting game, and dont forget the piccies when they hatch.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, how long do i leave it till i can candle them? I will try and get a clearer pic when i do that. My incubator temps are at a constant 83.1f, is that ok? For some reason it wont go any higher, it is on a stat.
Not sure what babies will look like but here is a pic of mum and dad. :2thumb:

Mum:

Dad:

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I never bother candling them to be honest. If they stay looking as they do then i'd just assume they are fertile. I like to mess as little as possible. : victory:
Mum is a nice amel, probably a RO to be honest, and dad is a normal, so unless dad is het amel, or they have any hets in common, the babies will all be normal het for amel. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts