Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at the moment, i cant sell!!
I just cant, i have become way to attachted!!
i have 4 eggs that are just about to burst, 2 garg, 2 leo. and they have to go,
how do you do it? how do you not get attachted?

and how do you choose what your holdbacks are?

I have decided that my next crestie, will be sold.........
but it hacthed last week, and has a very unusual head shape and a MASSSSSOOOOOIVELY fat tail! so im keeping it! lol

how how how!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
we will be deciding what to hold back based on what will offer more potential for next year/future breeding.

we have only had 2 leos hatch so far, the first will be kept [cos it was our first leo hatchling and appears to be a hypo or super hypo] and the second which appears normal will be sold.

still ahve 14 or so to go mind.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well i haven't had eggs before (haha of course i haven't but i mean my reps :lol2:) But when i go into a pet shop and i see the reps there i want them alll!!! lol Is that the same thing?

I'd personally never sell my reps eggs if i had any lol i would just keep them all and build lots of vivs haha.

Fraser

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we will be deciding what to hold back based on what will offer more potential for next year/future breeding.

we have only had 2 leos hatch so far, the first will be kept [cos it was our first leo hatchling and appears to be a hypo or super hypo] and the second which appears normal will be sold.

still ahve 14 or so to go mind.
i just cant sell them, i really cant!!
i guess its ok with crseties, as tehy grow so so so slowly, but leos, they grow liek weeeeeds!!

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i haven't had eggs before (haha of course i haven't but i mean my reps :lol2:) But when i go into a pet shop and i see the reps there i want them alll!!! lol Is that the same thing?

I'd personally never sell my reps eggs if i had any lol i would just keep them all and build lots of vivs haha.

Fraser
well i want to do that, i now have 5 babies i aev decided i will keep, but i have over 10 more eggs incubating, and i just cannot house them all, so they HAVE to go!!!

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
I have decreased the number of vivs I have available/empty and have just tubs and tanks ready for when my eggs hatch, that way I know I can't house them all permanently so they will have to be sold. I know it'll be hard and I can imagine I wont sell to just anyone.. Past posts will be read to judge if they are good enough for my special babies. Sounds stuck up but there are far too many animals not being cared for correctly and I don't want my babies going the same way lol.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with a lot of time and money!! and alot of fun!!1

wow how do you keep all these lizards lol great collecion

the problem i have is i have a few rescues/rehomes/or ones i have brought from peopel/shops who blatently dont care at all about their reptiles, and im petrified i will bring a gecko in to this world, and it'll end up in the wrong hands and i woudl hate myself for that... if that makes sense?

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
exactly what i jsut said in my pos that i just posted...
i will have to research the person!! Lol, seriously though, i will!
I have decreased the number of vivs I have available/empty and have just tubs and tanks ready for when my eggs hatch, that way I know I can't house them all permanently so they will have to be sold. I know it'll be hard and I can imagine I wont sell to just anyone.. Past posts will be read to judge if they are good enough for my special babies. Sounds stuck up but there are far too many animals not being cared for correctly and I don't want my babies going the same way lol.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
...so they HAVE to go!!!
Are you building up to 'Crazy Geeky's Massive Gecko Discount Sale' with that last part?:lol2:

Just be realistic about what you can and can't keep. If any really interesting morphs come up then hold onto them, especially if your serious about breeding , though you might want to consider maybe selling older proven breeders to make room for anything new. Just depends upon what you want out of it at the end of the day.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
When we first started with the Rhacs my daughter would always say 'that ones nice, and that one etc etc' so we ended up keeping quite a few. But you can't keep them all, and still breed more lol. Gina you just have to grit your teeth and let some go, unless you are planning on opening a zoo lol.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i was thinking of that.... lol

seriously though, i cant!! lol

graham , my OH isnt attatched, so thast fine for him, but me, they are my babies!!!!

When we first started with the Rhacs my daughter would always say 'that ones nice, and that one etc etc' so we ended up keeping quite a few. But you can't keep them all, and still breed more lol. Gina you just have to grit your teeth and let some go, unless you are planning on opening a zoo lol.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
It is hard when you sell your first ones, but as I said you cant keep them all. You will have to stop breeding them if you cant bare to part lol

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
*sniff*
i guess it'll be easier, after the first one...
.i hope!!!
It is hard when you sell your first ones, but as I said you cant keep them all. You will have to stop breeding them if you cant bare to part lol

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
thing is if you can keep...say 15... yourd still be better off using that space for 15 for unrelated animals.

small time breeders...i think....swapping liek for liek is the way to go.

by all means as they are your first, if you can, keep them./
We have never sold an animal either, but then this is our first breeding so you know..its inevitable.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well so far (i said i woudl keep the first 2 from each pair)

i have 5..

2 from one pair 2 from the other...

then last week one hatched from one of these pairs... makign it three...

but he/she has such an unusual tail... i siad i woudl keep him!!!!

:(

its hard, but i got to do it, i think i will just have to not name them etc etc...

the latest one, graham wnats me to sell, so he gave him a sily name.... norman. lol

anyway....

thing is if you can keep...say 15... yourd still be better off using that space for 15 for unrelated animals.

small time breeders...i think....swapping liek for liek is the way to go.

by all means as they are your first, if you can, keep them./
We have never sold an animal either, but then this is our first breeding so you know..its inevitable.

·
Registered
979 Posts
ive told myself i will keep one of each different set and the very first baby, so im keeping Phoebe mack snow x high yellow, i have alot of those eggs, i have about 4 mack snow x mack snow so i'll keep 1 of them and i have 4 Raptor x aptor eggs, and i'll have to wait and see what they are like first before i decide which to sell. it is very hard, i am immediately attached the second i see them. But i have so many already there is no way i can keep them all, i have leos that i dont need for breeding but i couldnt get rid of them.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ive told myself i will keep one of each different set and the very first baby, so im keeping Phoebe mack snow x high yellow, i have alot of those eggs, i have about 4 mack snow x mack snow so i'll keep 1 of them and i have 4 Raptor x aptor eggs, and i'll have to wait and see what they are like first before i decide which to sell. it is very hard, i am immediately attached the second i see them. But i have so many already there is no way i can keep them all, i have leos that i dont need for breeding but i couldnt get rid of them.
:( thats what im goign to have to do, but how do you choose, lol. ill just have to do it!!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
I bet it is hard but inless you have the space and money you cant keep them all, just sit down with your other half and choose which ones you think are the best ones, then sell the rest. If you cant do this then maybe you should concider not breeding.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts