Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've got a rescue beardie (2 yrs old) who's been on a high fat diet to get his weight up since I've had him, but he's almost there now so I'm going to have to start feeding him healthy food soon. Poor little guy won't know what's hit him! :lol2: I know which foods he needs etc, but just wanted to get an idea of what other people do, so I can work out my own routine to try for him.

So, what's you're feeding routine? What do you feed on which days and how much for your beardies?

ty guys :2thumb:

·
Registered
418 Posts
bearded dragon feeding

heya visit my site www.pogonareptilia.webs.com its all about dragons
but we feed ours a 50:50 ratio of veg and insects so
monday -livefood
tuesday- veg
wednesdays -starve day ( you can allow two days )
thursdays- livefood
fridays -veg
saturdays-veg
sunday livefood and veg

just as an idea . but we gut load bugs 48 hours prior to feeding and veg gets dusted or sprayed with calcium and multivitson alternating days etc
hope this helps

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Mine gets a bowl of mixed veg / salad etc every day, lightly dusted with nutrobal. I used to supply supplements on the insects, but he eats more veg these days than he used to, so I put it on the veg now.

He loves morioworms, so I gutload and feed these quite often (usually by hand). He also has locusts (the bigger the better) and sometimes crickets. He has had all sorts in the past, but I usually stick to these 3 live foods as his staples.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hello!

I've got a rescue beardie (2 yrs old) who's been on a high fat diet to get his weight up since I've had him, but he's almost there now so I'm going to have to start feeding him healthy food soon. Poor little guy won't know what's hit him! :lol2: I know which foods he needs etc, but just wanted to get an idea of what other people do, so I can work out my own routine to try for him.

So, what's you're feeding routine? What do you feed on which days and how much for your beardies?

ty guys :2thumb:
mine is 2 years old, and he's on a live feed every other day :) 70-30 veg to live ratio is what i was told :)

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
what where you feeding him though his high fat diet?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i feed my beardie unlimited salad every day and 5 or 6 large locusts every evening after work,
on sundays he gets 2 or 3 adult locust instead of the normal.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i feed my beardie unlimited salad every day and 5 or 6 large locusts every evening after work,
on sundays he gets 2 or 3 adult locust instead of the normal.
Mine loves the adult locust! I feed him as much as he can eat in 10 mins personally, only the smaller locust or crickets though! Adults are a treat!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Mine loves the adult locust! I feed him as much as he can eat in 10 mins personally, only the smaller locust or crickets though! Adults are a treat!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
i will be feeding as much as he can eat in 10 mins soon, he is just on a diet and exercise plan to get some fat of him cause the fast 3 months he et nothing but morio worms

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.