Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

How do you feed your boscs??? Tong feed them feed them in a box ( I Hate Crickets So I woudnt like live food running around in the viv) or do you just let them run around the viv
and What food do you feed him boiled egg, locusts just mice etc

Cheers chris

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Whole prey items only. Crickets (though mine don't like them), roaches, locusts, morios, GALs. Just chuck them in the viv - afraid you may well have to get used to touching them from time to time. Personally I hate touching crickets but everything else I'm fine with. Rodents/quail/odd whole raw prawn are offered with tongs.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok Cool. Would It Be possible Not to feed crickets but just locusts gals etc Or is That There Natural food ????

Thanks chris

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Possible, yes, none of my lizards like crickets. But I wish they would as I think it's nice to offer them a variety. Couldn't you get one of those cricket-feeder thingies? I know lots of people don't like touching them.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ye I Could :) Ill Just Get My Mum To Give Me Some Lessons( She Loves Them), I Have Till Christmas to like them :lol2:

·
Registered
839 Posts
We just chuck the bugs into the viv, it gives him excercise chasing his food. I also leave worms and morio worms in the substrate as it encourages him to dig. Anything else is fed to him with tongs and he eats his egg off of a spoon.
He has a rat every week or so, and he gets this after having to chase it around a little, we drag the defrosted rat around so again he gets a bit of excercise.

As for what he feeds on i like to keep it varied: Locusts, morio worms, snails, fruit beetle grubs, cockroaches, earthworms (purged), rats/mice/hamsters/gerbils and egg as a treat.
His other treats are chicken, red meat (trimmings from dinner), and fish, but he dosent get these very often, rarely in fact.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We just chuck the bugs into the viv, it gives him excercise chasing his food. I also leave worms and morio worms in the substrate as it encourages him to dig. Anything else is fed to him with tongs and he eats his egg off of a spoon.
He has a rat every week or so, and he gets this after having to chase it around a little, we drag the defrosted rat around so again he gets a bit of excercise.

As for what he feeds on i like to keep it varied: Locusts, morio worms, snails, fruit beetle grubs, cockroaches, earthworms (purged), rats/mice/hamsters/gerbils and egg as a treat.
His other treats are chicken, red meat (trimmings from dinner), and fish, but he dosent get these very often, rarely in fact.
Cool Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,870 Posts
Just make sure you can afford them lol. Mine is only 08 baby, and easily cost me £15 a week in crix, locust, mealies, roaches ect ect

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Agreed - at one stage I counted up and realized T was costing me somewhere in the region of £60 - £80 a month - and that wasn't including the electricity bill.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
We wear gloves and either flick locusts in the opposite end of the tank out of a tube or if feeding mice always using tongues. He now associates the gloves with feeding but we never use our fingers. :2thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts