Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How far do torts usually search and explore away from their burrow to find food, and how long do they typically do this for, in nice natural green conditions?

I've noticed when feeding vista will get up and walk off, and i think she eats more if im not around so much when she does, so i wondered if she was looking for a new taste cuz i was offering one different type of food at a time at first but now i guess im going to have make different specific spots where she can find diff leaves/veg/fruit, all the time...

so does anyone have some good directions to the kind of distances/time they put into feeding? Vista iz russian so shes smaller than most, maybe doesnt venture as far as bigger torts but im keen to know what you all think about this. Shes just fed again from her little baby slate about 3 hours later.

The answer could vary widely but i want to sort of ratio the burrow/feeding/hiding/climbing/basking areas because im building a bigger tort table soon. :bash::whip::flrt::whistling2::no1:

If anyone can reccomend some real good books too where you can study them in fine detail, especially russians, could u drop the title down in here and author too.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I would imagine in the wild torts often have to travel long distances in relation to their size just to find food as some of the places they live have very sparce plant growth, I don't know if they always go back to the same place at night or not, I'd have said those that don't burrow probably don't, they just dig down or hide where they are,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.