Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isnt a fore sale, but i wanted to warn you all about this bloody rude guy i just emailed!!!

His ad on livefood.co.uk was for 1.3 Crested Geckos, 04 hatched, laying eggs... perfect i think. Attached is a photo of one of the geckos and he's pretty attractive.
I emailed the seller saying i was interested to know their weights, last laid dates and to see photos of all 4. I also said that i was ideally looking for a pair or trio but if they are the right ones for me then it'd be fine (letting him know incase he was considering splitting them!)

Well this morning i get this email...

don`t know the weights,what would be the interested in that for,finished laying in late august,you said in your message,(if they are the right one`s).what are you expecting to see,they are crested gecko`s.by the sounds of it i don`t think they will be good enough for you,thanks.ash,ps read the ad for full description,and photo,believe it or not the other three look much the same as the one in the photo

HOW RUDE!!! this guy is clearly ignormant about his geckos if he doesnt even know what a veriety of coluors they come in! and i'd be worried about buying females if the previous owner didnt know about how important breeding weight is

The email address of this guy is...
DO not buy from him! He clearly doesnt know a thing about his animals and is very uncooperative... especially towards someone inquiring about potentialy spending 300 quid on his animals!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
What a t#$t! :evil: Knowing the weights is vital! I've looked at that ad a coupl of times recently. He doesn't deserve to own them let alone receive money for selling them! Poor li'l cresties. I've had my 1st one for about a month now and he's put on 2g in weight and is now the length of my thumb! He's grown loads :) Hope you have better luck finding some cresties as they are fab to own <3

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
aaaaaaw sorry to hear this...I recently enquired about a trio of curly tails, said I wanted pics first then saw em advertised again so sent another email to which i got the reply stop being a picture collector it is obvious you know nothing about reptiles and i feel sorry for any reptiles that end up in ur care!!! :shock:

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its ridiculous how rude people can be when you're the one offering them money!!!! I cant believe he knows so little about these animals when he's been breeding them!! It angered me so much because of the poor animals. If he didnt understand why i wanted to know weights then he clearly didnt know about the minimum weights for breeding... I guess tat may be why he didnt want to give me more photos!!

Oh well... i'll find some one day....

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Pfft! If you're going to spend £300 youre going to want to see ALL the animals, not just the one thats in best condition (which doubtless is the one he photo'd for the ad). :roll:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That is very rude!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PendleHog said:
Pfft! If you're going to spend £300 youre going to want to see ALL the animals, not just the one thats in best condition (which doubtless is the one he photo'd for the ad). :roll:
Im glad im not the only one who thinks so!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
508 Posts
FFS what happened to peoples manners, it really burns my bum when ppl are sooo rude, he obviously doesn't want to sell them that bad if he could be that obnoxious, your the buyer you have the right to ask questions
sheesh Nat I feel sorry for any reptile that ended up in your sellers care ... sounds like another half brained dick-wipe
I went in a shop the other day and the owner was quite 'off' with me as I hadn't the room to home for this F*ck off sized python he wanted to sell, it was a bargain (plastic was just twitching in my pocket), it was a lovely snake yes I would have loved it but being realistic I just hadn't the space, whats more important to these knob heads a good home or a quick sale ? :oops: :oops: sorry for the rant but rude ppl just p*ss me right off, good manners cost nothing

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
AGreed....Tosser..

·
Registered
53 Posts
sounds like a complete waste of space to me, just in it for the money, would dread to think of the conditions he keeps his lizarsd etc]

·
Registered
165 Posts
rude dude

probably a useless junkie buying them cheaper and trying to sell them on. had a lot of problems with people like this. all you scots beware of guy in edinburgh selling spiders scorpions and variety of lizards. hes a class A bullshiter!

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
well i wouldnt touch him

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah its always nice to vent and have people agree.. for a minute back then he actually had me thinking 'maybe its unreasonable of me to ask weights straight off?'

Nope im not going with him with a 10ft bargepole (unless if was to stuff it up his... well you can finish that sentance!!)

always good to warn a fellow HONEST herper, too many crap ones out there who just want money...

his ads disappeared now so he either sold them (god forbid the poor buyer) or he got lots of complaints.

Lets all look out for people signing up here in the next few months with problem cresties they bought off livefood hey?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts