Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the flu jab done every year but ive caught the flu how??? i cant belive it i feel like crap and after storm trying to take a chunk out of me its not going to well
i have manged to pass it onto everyone i go near aswell oops
manda xx

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
probs a different strain of the virus or not flu just something similar usually flu knocks it right out of you and you cant even get out of bed. Plus if you have had the vaccination then caught flu your symptons wont be as bad. :D

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah that could be it lol thanks for explaining :D been wondering all day how it could of happend
manda xx

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
hiya manda, what are the categories for having the flu jab, i am in the beginnings of it for the 3rd time this year, i cant be doing with it, and cant understand why i am getting it s often??????????

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some people are just prone t it i guess i dont no all of them but its the over 50's people with poor hearts, kidneys and lungs i think
people with cancer and alike and i think ashma comes into it aswell just ask your dr if he/she thinks you need it then they prob give it to you just to be on the safe side
manda xx

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
I think you have to over a certain age i.e 65 or suffering from certain medical conditioins like asthama etc. Luckily (or not!) i had asthama as a kid so I can have the jab its worked for me so far touch wood!

·
Registered
801 Posts
They assess it on demand and priority.

So peeps with asthma, OAPS , type 1 diabetes come first, then those with mild conditions, then every1 else if theres any left.

I'm type 1 diabetic (insulin dependent) so I get first dibs, but I've never had it. I don't often suffer with flu. I think what most peeps think is flu is actually just a common cold, but a bad one of course. :D

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
YES THATS TRUE AND ITS BECAUSE ALL VACCINATIONS ARE A LITTLE BIT OF THE BUG/DISEASE, TO HELP YOUR BODY LEARN TO FIGHT IT OFF IF YOU EVER GET IT FULLY IN THE FUTURE(i dont know whay i had caps lock on, lol, but once i had typed it all i couldnt be bothered to retype it all)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
oh i know its the beginnings of the flu, i feel like i have done last 2 times and then ive been knocked out of routine for a week at least on sofa.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha yer i thik ive just got a mild flu as my dad got it frst and passed it to me just after having the jab done think there must of been a delay or something oh well lol it will past soon :D
manda xx

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
last time i had flu i passed out when i stood up and everything looked yellow for some reason :shock: Properly ****ed me up for a couple of weeks so I have the jab everytime now if i can. I also get the pneaumonia (sp) jab too.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
I have got an idea why it happens because I read about it once, but tbh I don't really care because I rather get a flu than taking a jab.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
i get the flu and pnemonia jad too cos im asthmatic and i never get the flu

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
the flu jab only protects you against the known strains of influenza, but influenza mutates very rapidly and so even if you have the jab you still have a chance of getting the flu

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Why even bother??? It's my belief that there are no such things as colds or flu, lol.... These cold commercials and such are just subliminal messages for you to get sick so you have to buy their product and as far as flu shots are concerned, you just asking to get the flu... May sound strange but haven't had a cold in bout 6 years now, and never had a flu shot or the flu and I ride my bike to work and back even when its minus 30 outside, lol
Steve

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i get it every year.
i got my jab tomorrow morning lol..
hate injections

1 - 20 of 22 Posts