Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it stop hurting?

Took my chihuahua puppy to have her microchip done this am (she's tiiiiny, so it really hurt her) the whole experience was very traumatic for her (& me) and she's absolutely beside herself! She only wants me, which is fine, if anyone or anything else comes near her she growls and barks and tries to bite, her neck is still so sore, I accidentally brushed against it as she's sitting on my lap and I'm at my desk and she howled & screamed.
I don't know what to do for her, I've given her a treat and made a fuss of her but she's just whimpering and crying. Feel so bad!

·
Registered
96 Posts
i dont know but at a guess it probably wont hurt for more then a few weeks

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Mine was fine the next day, she should be ok tomorrow, just watch she dont play on it.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Just try not to molly-coddle her too much as she may think that the way to get lots of fussing is to be a bit silly!

Maybe just leave her to settle somewhere by herself and kind of ignore the squealing.
sounds harsh but you don't want her to think this is a good way to get some cuddles.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Every dog seems to be different. Trigger didn't seem to be affected at all when he was chipped at 9 weeks.
I agree with Rach though, try not to make too much of a fuss (of course keep an eye on it in case there is really something wrong), as there is the danger of you accidentally teaching her that there is reason for distress and she might end up connecting vet visits with fear and pain.
It's a bit like anti-fear training: The more you comfort the more the dog thinks that they are right to be afraid of something.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I knew I was being abit over sensitive, but hard not to be when she's my baby.
Since we've been home she seems to be ok, running round with the other 2, but sleeping quite abit too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts