Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if a uv light gos on for 7am then off at 7pm when would you turn the heat down for his night time temperature. if its when the uv gos off that would be a 12 hour night time temp for 65-70f would that be to long.

what do you do for your bearded dragons?

i no about the uv hours and night time temp just not how long of a night time temp till i put the hot spot back to 105f and give them and warmer over all vivarium

just checking

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
if a uv light gos on for 7am then off at 7pm when would you turn the heat down for his night time temperature. if its when the uv gos off that would be a 12 hour night time temp for 65-70f would that be to long.

what do you do for your bearded dragons?

i no about the uv hours and night time temp just not how long of a night time temp till i put the hot spot back to 105f and give them and warmer over all vivarium

just checking
Just have heat on when your uv is on. It takes a few hours for the vivarium to cool to ambient temps anyway. 12 hours of no heat is perfectly fine at night, you can reduce it then come summer time.

·
Registered
375 Posts
yep just turn off your heat when you turn off the uv, its fine like that, they will get a proper nights sleep that way and then warm up in the morning when you put everything back on.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mine is shut off. I actually have it turn off an hour before lights out. They are usually asleep about a minute after lights out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts