Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??

I have had the little guys in for about 4-5 days now, so how long do you leave them in for?

I havent seen my retic or fwc since I put htem in, they have both just stayed in there humid hides.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
unil they all die.

IF they die, there's no food and thats good. When we'venot seen any at all for a few days we frontiline the snake and clean the viv. We thenr frontline the snake again 3-5 days later to catch any that hatch.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only seen one mite in about 4 weeks, just put them in more as a precaution more than anything.

Even when i look in the viv i can hardly see any moving, jus the odd tiny ones moving around, very hard to see tho,

Have you noticed your snakes being a lot more inactive while the hypooasis mites are in?

My fwc is always shy but havent noticed my retic out at night recently

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you look really close you can see the odd one move but ther so small

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Just let them be, keep the humidity up for them, just because you cant see them doesnt mean they are not still doing battle, after about 3 weeks i thought the mites were wiped out but another one turned up a few days later, didnt do anything, and about a week later they were gone for good. You dont need frontline if your using defender mites, the frontline will kill them as well as the snake mites.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
How would you take them out? Once their in their in.
You dont, you just let them die off, they are that small you will not see them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts