Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
My royal and boa are normally blue for 2-3 days before clearing, then 2-3 days later they have shed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
takes mine about a 2 days, but always catch im half way threw a shed :lol2:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
what does it meen if there eyes dont fog up?(go dull)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
You mean you think yours shed without going dull/blue? Wouldn't have thought it possible really, maybe you just missed that part because he/she was hiding away (esp. with royals - mine won't come out at shedding time for a week)

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
no his eyes dont seem to go dull, before a shed, and hes ALWAYS out before and for about a day after a shed. ;?

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
That sounds different to me - but I guess it's nothing to worry about. Maybe someone else here with more experience would know the answer to this one?

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
once my snakes are blue you have to wait for them to return to normal then its generally around 3 days after that....

My corn has just shed and taken over 2 weeks to go about it! Bugger!

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
no his eyes dont seem to go dull, before a shed, and hes ALWAYS out before and for about a day after a shed. ;?
gaz can u anwser the no dull eye questions plz? cheers mate

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Well TBH I'm not really sure why snakes go back to being normal after they go blue!?

The blue stage I find differs from species to species but this is when the snake will loosen its skin, get some moisture underneath the skin to aid shedding.

After the blue stage they go back to normal. You generally find they jip around quite a bit which is them getting the skin moving. You'll find they slither over and under sharp bits of bark, log and rock.

Once they have shed the reason, i think, they look around and become more active is because they will be looking for food. My snakes don't get fed when shedding as they generally refuse. And they might just want to show off there new skins of course! lol

My royal at the minute is out quite a bit. I think this is because its mating time though and he's searching out a female. This might also be the case with other snakes. When snakes in shed it feels vulnerable, as its vision is very much impaired. So when blue you will never really see you snake.....

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
once my snakes are blue you have to wait for them to return to normal then its generally around 3 days after that....

My corn has just shed and taken over 2 weeks to go about it! Bugger!
That makes me feel better :razz:, I was worried because I didn't think it usually took this long.

I just got hissed at for the first time for poking him :roll:. I have left him in his hide since he started shedding but I've been taking his hide out every so often to see that he's ok *paranoid*

·
Registered
9 Posts
thats a wieght of my sholders too.
was going to post here soon to ask same question, my milk has been shedding for over a week now and normaly only a few days, was beging to get worried but if 2 weeks is not doing him any harm i'll stop going in evey day to check on him.

·
Registered
193 Posts
intravenous
My BCC took 2 weeks to shed his eyes blued for approx 10 days
when he shed there was no problems it was in 1 piece

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
they re-absorb the liquid under their skin, thats why their eyes clear up... iv never heard of a snake shedding without its eyes misting though? so cant help you with that one, sorry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts