Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: Hi I had a thread up about my beardie puddin who has just stopped eating for no reason I can find.

She is very active, fired up & seems happy but she will not eat, yes I have begged her but she is having none of it!!! :bash:

I have tried changing the food, rubbing the gut the guts of mealworms on her lip, she just is not interested??????? Temps are 107F hot side, cool side 88F

This Wed it will be two weeks that she has not touched one thing.
I do have an appointment at the vets for wed, but I wondered how long is to long?

I have been giving her baths to keep hydrated & she is doing a little wee every 1-2 days but she has not done a poo for about 5 five days, guess thats because she has not eaten. :surrender:

·
Registered
41 Posts
When that happened to us it turned out that he had worms and parasites. has she eaten any veg or wax worms or crix? try a variety of veg, include red pepper because it is brightly coloured and a taste enhancer so she might begin to eat again. When is your vets appointment?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The appointment is this Wednesday 11am.
Did your yours act the same? she still really active, looking at her you would not think anything was at all.

Food wise I tried everything, veg wise. A pinkie was suggested but being they are not that great for them, I do not want to give so she can huff some more when she doesnt get another.

What was the over all out come for your beardie?

I will be crushed if something happened to her, just the thought brings tears in my eyes, sad sod that I am

·
Registered
41 Posts
He is fine now but still got the parasites. You will need to feed her baby food and medicine if it is parasites. Stevie acted the same, the only reason we took him to the vets was because he stopped eating, and that was after about two weeks and he is acting normally and is starting to eat on his own now; we are starting him on crix again seeing as we only found out about a month ago. I feel really bad about feeding him using a syringe because you have to force feed him and they struggle quite a lot.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:gasp: Your brave to be able to do it! I will just burst in to tears. I am very pleased to hear little stevie is slowly on the mend.

It does sound alot like my pud, I hope it be be okay I am going to ring the vets first thing tomorrow & beg for him to fit me in sooner, Wed is a life time a wake

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh I do keep a weight chart for all my reptiles.
Puddin dii weight 563g & is now 560g so do not think thats too bad.

I recently took my sisters beardie which is also female. I have had her with me for about two months, do you think that could be up setting Pud?
They have their own vivs, but have been running around the living room, didnt appear to be a problem.
When I first let them run together, I introduced them on out of their vivs but for a few minutes at a time & built it up.
My sisters ex beardie was living with another female so its used to other beardies but Pud this is the first time she has seen her own kind.
Lol she has a great friendship with my cat.
Maybe she sees the as a threat???? tho there is no signs of aggression etc.

I am not letting them out together now, & have moved the vivs so they cant see each other.
Puzzles me because deep down I do not think she is sick, but of course the more things you read that it could be, just panics you.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Is she still basking?

Are you sure she's eaten absolutely nothing? A non-brumating beardie that's active and not eaten for two weeks would usually lose more than 3g...

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
:blush: sorry re weighed her she is 552g.
Yes she i still basking also
That sounds a bit more like what you'd expect.

It's not a massive loss but it does sound like something's not quite right with her. Keep trying to get something down her until you get chance to take her to the vet - you could try giving her a little bit of chicken-flavoured baby food through a syringe; some beardies will take a bit, and it's quite useful with non-feeders just to keep a bit of nutrition going into them and to keep their guts moving.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
looks like your little girl might be a little boy looking for loving!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It would seem with help from Dragonboy08 pud is male!!! :gasp:
To be honest I did not think to much of the sex because when I brought her which is now him, I did not mind the sex as I was not breeding them & so on.

Then my sister gave me hers, of course beardie is female, I thought Pud was also female, never checked :bash: They have their own vivs anyway.

Today Pud ran up to beardie & seemed to be going to bite at the back of the neck, I stopped before it got that far & put them both back in their own vivs, then pud did slow-ish bob abot 4 to 5 times.

Sadly for Pud the only female loving he is going to get is me!!!!! :lol2: As I still will not breed them.

Thanks for your help esp to dragonboy08 :2thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.