Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a royal python thats just about 4 months old now i was just wondering how long it would take it to grow to a largish size?

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
For a royal to grow to full length it will take 2-3 years.... so i guess on average they will grow I guess an average of a foot each year... Of course this is totally dependant on what and how much you feed the royal

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i started on some small mice but they just wernt big enough for him so now hes on middle mice to large mice every 9 or 10 days, never missed a fed, i treid it on a live mouse just last week and before the mouse even had time to smell the viv duke took him :D
in the 4 months ive had him he has shed 3 times now so he must be growing quite fast.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no the local snake keeper said if he takes a live now he will later in life so i gave him 1 and he took it, but dint really like seeing it.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
but why would you want it to feed live if its already taking frozen thawed?? I think this guy is talking out of his arse....

Dude if your little guy is taking FT mice there is never a need to feed live. Its just cruel. Its also very dangerous to your snake. A mouse that is trapped can do some serious damage to the snake.... Trust me dude don't do it again, its not worth the risks and its pointless

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Its also illegal if your snake is fit and healthy! The guy who suggested it must be sick.

·
Registered
324 Posts
For the average royal that i ahve kept it takes about 3 years to reach its full size (due to their consistant bout of hunger strikes) but a very boedient and non-hunger striking royals will take about 2 years but to find one of these snakes is like finding golddust...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i would say bout 4 years from what i have read, my corn is 4 now an still growin fast...bout 5 foot nows....jus streches out...lol :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.