Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a royal python thats just about 4 months old now i was just wondering how long it would take it to grow to a largish size?

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
For a royal to grow to full length it will take 2-3 years.... so i guess on average they will grow I guess an average of a foot each year... Of course this is totally dependant on what and how much you feed the royal

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i started on some small mice but they just wernt big enough for him so now hes on middle mice to large mice every 9 or 10 days, never missed a fed, i treid it on a live mouse just last week and before the mouse even had time to smell the viv duke took him :D
in the 4 months ive had him he has shed 3 times now so he must be growing quite fast.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no the local snake keeper said if he takes a live now he will later in life so i gave him 1 and he took it, but dint really like seeing it.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
but why would you want it to feed live if its already taking frozen thawed?? I think this guy is talking out of his arse....

Dude if your little guy is taking FT mice there is never a need to feed live. Its just cruel. Its also very dangerous to your snake. A mouse that is trapped can do some serious damage to the snake.... Trust me dude don't do it again, its not worth the risks and its pointless

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Its also illegal if your snake is fit and healthy! The guy who suggested it must be sick.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
grannykins said:
Its also illegal if your snake is fit and healthy! The guy who suggested it must be sick.
Its not actually illegal but that's another debate that's been opened man many times 8)

·
Banned
290 Posts
a comment out of the blokes butt it seems

·
Registered
324 Posts
For the average royal that i ahve kept it takes about 3 years to reach its full size (due to their consistant bout of hunger strikes) but a very boedient and non-hunger striking royals will take about 2 years but to find one of these snakes is like finding golddust...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i would say bout 4 years from what i have read, my corn is 4 now an still growin fast...bout 5 foot nows....jus streches out...lol :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts