Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i fed my my royal python on tuesday afternoon i was told that after 2 days i would be able to handle her which makes it thursday afternoon is that wise or should i wait ??

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
should be fine, go for it: victory:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
does she not need to pass stools and how long will that take about ?
nah, that could take weeks but most likely a few days to a week

·
Registered
632 Posts
48 hours is fine i have handled mine within 24hours after with no problems, but 48 is better

·
Registered
573 Posts
It is completely dependant on your snake but 48hrs is usually plenty long enough as you get to know your individual you will find that the Rules don't mean anything as your snake and you are individuals..
My advice is treat most of the ''rules'' as rules of thumb unless of course they make total complete and utter sense like guards on bulbs for instance ......

Reactions: Amy2310

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
I handle all mine after the 48hrs so no problem its only longer if it hasnt fed :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
It is completely dependant on your snake but 48hrs is usually plenty long enough as you get to know your individual you will find that the Rules don't mean anything as your snake and you are individuals..
My advice is treat most of the ''rules'' as rules of thumb unless of course they make total complete and utter sense like guards on bulbs for instance ......
This ^^
Some of my snakes are okay to handle the following day, but others I leave even longer, it depends on the size of the meal.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
I handle all mine after the 48hrs so no problem its only longer if it hasnt fed :2thumb:
That is if you have just got it (and it hasnt fed )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts