Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK

not posted about this because I was too embarrassed at my own stupidity.
We have an Ultra corn, the one in my sig.
She was in a small glass viv with a sliding glass top.
For security one piece of the sliding glass was taped down fully on three edges all the time except for cleaning. The second half of the glass top was taped down along two edges , where the two pieces met to cover the gap between both pieces of sliding glass and where it met the side of the viv.The only gap was a very small one where the glass fitted into the runners. Ventilation was provided by a mesh section in the lid(no gaps in this) The snake is taking fuzzies so I was convinced she was secure.
GUESS WHAT?

I WAS WRONG.

SHE ESCAPED.

Needless to say I was devastated, we found her gone on the day of the Rodbaston show , we went but my heart wasnt really in it.

We laid some tape stickyside up at various points outside the room she was in hoping to catch her but I didnt really expect to.

I had lived up to my nick again.

But on wednesday evening she turned up less than ten feet from her viv.

She is now in Alcatraz , no more chances.

I am determined never to let anything like this happen again , I feel so lucky that we managed to get her back.

John

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Glad you got her back! :D Nothing worse than losing a snake, especially when you tried so hard to make the viv escape-proof to begin with!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Glad she is back safe and sound.

I lost a royal for 2 weeks in my house, the mrs moved out for two weeks. Was Bliss :)

Dan

·
Registered
508 Posts
:D :D nice end to a story we all dread.... :oops: just been outback to make sure my little wrigglers are all tucked in safe :? now pondering exactly how little a gap they can get out of ?

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
i lost my seven foot boa in my bedroom but found her in my bed with me when i woke up :shock:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
glad you found it, I've been lucky so far and havent had any escapees yet :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glad u found her! My pueblan milk was missing for 9 months in my old flat!

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
its easy done mate... if theres a gap they are sure to find it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yes very lucky i lost a garter which never was found

·
Registered
508 Posts
sorry to drag old posts up but today the day I dreaded happened, My snow was gone when I did a tank check this morning.... it was there last night then at 9 it had gone....my babies are in tubs in an incubator out in the spider room. :cry: :cry: I was gutted, ripped the room to bits and eventually found the little bugger curled up the corner behind a curver box :oops: as of yet I have 3 babies un-named think I'll call this one AWOL or Lucky
could it really have ben possible she got out of one of these holes

excuse crap pic

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It would be a hard job for htat snake to get through that hole I would of thought. If thats the only way and nobody else has been near them then thats how he got out.

To the guy who's Mrs moved out cos the snake went AWOL. Very smooth move my friend.

Thats a great way to get yourself a few weeks breather.

You wanna set up another hidden viv and when you need rid of the Mrs give your snake a little holiday for a few days.

lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts