Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay :)
i wanna ask how many eggs can a corn snake (female) lay?
i am going to breed mine next year :) im hoping it will work she is having a new viv build and ill have a space for a male to keep for breeding... and what is the best way to house the babies in a viv all together or in little tubs of they own. any idea will be great.
thanks

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
eggs... up to high 20's..

hatchlings - seperate small tubs, much easier to keep and eye on and NO risk of them eating each other by mistake

N

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the fast reply.
how easy would u say they will breed?
and how much must the female be (size)
would it be easy to build a stack and place a heat mat on the back or would it be easy to put all tubs in a big viv with heat mat on the back?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
how easy, fairly easy tbh.. even when not cooled, many corns still breed come the spring. if you keep the male and female seperate, then when you put the male with the female, if he is ready to mate, you will notice he does like a double jerk/tap movement along her body, he will try and get on top, to pin her down. a receptive female will hold her tail up in the air to make it easier for him!

females.. generally i recomend the rule of 3

3 years old
3 foot in length or more
300g in weight or more

females can breed as young as a year old, but this is strongly not recommended, it can cause compliactions that can be lethal, and at the least results in a stunted adult who lays small clutches

hatchling set ups, either way works tbh.

i use a double shoe rack with heat mats taped to the rungs :)

and also a book case type one,

but i have used a big viv with a heatmat on the wall before now too

whilst i am digging up pics, you will need to incubate the eggs too, you can make a simple incubator like this..

hth

nerys

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
*sticks tongue out at riley/sarah*

lol

N

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
oh lord.. MORE messages...

(if i run very fast.. do you think i will be able to get away from them all?)

lol..

(its becoming a very long and more than slightly irritating week this one is lol d'ya think if i just dig a deep hole in the garden and jumped down it.. i might get a break ??? lol yeah i know... no chance)

N

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
You run, that wud be funny to watch

wanna hand to dig it, and no ya cant hide ya got tooooooooooooooo much to do

(ps soz for hijacking thread heheheh)

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
my least was 3, most was 33

·