Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have over 50 species of tarantula, and I have a few of most of them. Is there a point were you have too many T's?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
No way! How could you keep too many Ts? Thers no limit! :)

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Hard to say really it's like asking how long is a peice of string. Personally I have never had more than 2 species of the same usually male and female or in the case of pokies having 3 communally living together

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Depends how many you can look after, I had nearly 50 but I have cut back to about 20 now, because sorting them all out was becoming a bit of a chore and with the snakes as well it was taking alot of time, and I have other stuff that needs doing as well.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I agree, if your loosing some due to not caring for them properly then you have too many. If you can maintain 1000 and are happy doing so then its not too many!

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
how many species of T is there?
So long as you can keep them all healthy/happy then I dont see a limit.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
how many species of T is there?
So long as you can keep them all healthy/happy then I dont see a limit.
How many species of tarantula currently known and discovered a good few hundred. How many taranutulas in natural habitat with species undiscovered and identified thousands probably. Everytime people go on trips they come across unidentified species or different region variants.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts