Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would an average long term whites tree frog set up cost?
Thinking about getting one later on in the year (I'm a new phib addict :lol2:)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Your question is a bit like...how long is a piece of string.....
If you had a low budget - then maybe a second hand viv/aquarium would be the answer as you can get some great bargains on this website........but then if you had all the money in the world...well there are some great custom made vivs that will make it nearly maintenance free........
So our question would be - what exactly are you looking for eg, how many whites do you wish to keep, would you like simplistic or naturalistic set up and so on.

·
Banned
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a high budget I just wanted to know what I needed for them to live a happy life then when I get more money I can add stuff to it

·
Registered
25,127 Posts
Exo....60 quid.

Lighthood plus bulbs about 30 quid.

Heatmat 15.

Fake plants 30.

Waterbowl 6

vines n decor 15 quid

Plus vits, food and frogs.

Something like that anyway............

Guess you're looking at £200 all in.

You could always get a second hand exo or use an old fish tank, find your own branches, make your own waterbowl.......

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
60x40x40 exo or equivalent, lighting, heat matt and stat, plenty of plants, several branches of different diameter, large water bowl, thermometer and hygrometer. This is really the basics. The one in the classifieds has all this and the frogs for £100, a bargin.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Exo....60 quid.

Heatmat 15.

Fake plants 30.

Waterbowl 6

vines n decor 15 quid

Something like that anyway............

Guess you're looking at £200 all in.

You could always get a second hand exo or use an old fish tank, find your own branches, make your own waterbowl.......
Ha! u beat me to it! I was making an online shopping basket of everything my tank and whats in it and it came to £225

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
When you break it down phibs ain't cheap, and whites probably have some of the least requirements. £200 for the basics!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
My latest PDF viv has cost me £400 with the plants and that includes a second hand exo, light canopy and lucky reptile super rain. God knows how much it would have cost if everything was new!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
:gasp:I think i've blown about £700 in a week on my new red eyes and their set up :whistling2:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Well it's alright for some! Your set up looks like it's gonna be saweeeeeet by the way.
Lol thanks i really hope it turns out good for my credit cards sake!:whistling2:

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I don't think a single set-up I've got has cost that much- but then I'm a 'make do and mend' kind of person- second hand bits, free bits, wild-found bits (wood, rocks etc), it all adds up.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Exo....60 quid.

Heatmat 15.

Fake plants 30.

Waterbowl 6

vines n decor 15 quid

paying with your parents mastercard................PRICELESS
:lol2:

·
Banned
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK if I get the medium exo rainforest setup what else would I need?
What bulb what mat etc as the most complicated set up I've done so far is a 12x12x12 exo a big bit of wood and a single plant :lol2:

·
Banned
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Exo....60 quid.

Heatmat 15.

Fake plants 30.

Waterbowl 6

vines n decor 15 quid

paying with your parents mastercard................PRICELESS