Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
I would get 3 compressed bricks. Much cheaper than bags of it. Pop it in a bucket of water and it will expand massively. I would start with 2, as they may be enough, if not then use the third one.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
A single block of Reptichip will give you enough to fill a viv that size three or four times over. Click here £16 for one block plus £5 flat postage cost. I would suggest adding no more than 1lr of water to the bag, then brake it down into a RUB and then add it to the vivarium. I recommend a complete clean every three months and this block would provide enough for three or possibly four complete changes. It can be broken down dry, but as its compressed and dried at the factory it won't perform as well, or go as far. Just be careful not to make it too wet when placing it into the enclosures, and with any coco husk products the y can create mould when really damp.

Have a read of this before getting a coco husk product. The thread needs updating as I've switched everything over to Auboise which is just £10 for a huge 20kg bail

·
Registered
131 Posts
A single block of Reptichip will give you enough to fill a viv that size three or four times over. Click here £16 for one block plus £5 flat postage cost. I would suggest adding no more than 1lr of water to the bag, then brake it down into a RUB and then add it to the vivarium. I recommend a complete clean every three months and this block would provide enough for three or possibly four complete changes. It can be broken down dry, but as its compressed and dried at the factory it won't perform as well, or go as far. Just be careful not to make it too wet when placing it into the enclosures, and with any coco husk products the y can create mould when really damp.

Have a read of this before getting a coco husk product. The thread needs updating as I've switched everything over to Auboise which is just £10 for a huge 20kg bail
How are you finding the humidity using Aubiose? I use it in my corn viv, but using bark in the royal viv.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Seems fine. No issues with shedding.
That's great, I do like aubiose and it's so easy to clean up. I need to change my Royals substrate now, so will try aubiose this time.

Do you use a moss box? I'm finding we're having to spray at least twice a day to keep humidity up. I have a moss mound that gets well sprayed, but thinking a box is the way to go.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
The humidity in my vivs tend to float around 50-60% which is in the optimum range for Royals, so have no need to dampen the substrate down, other than when a snake is coming out of the blue stage of a shed. Aubiouse is messy, even changing water it ends up dropping off the water bowl and needs hoovering up after, but it gives a nice grassland look, smells pleasant, and is absorbent enough even to deal with the mess my adult boa produces !

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts