Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does coming / going on fourms affect your life?

When i first went on a reptile forum i had a dog and a wall mounted fish tank with a few tropical fish in it. Now thats gone to:

a 48*15*18 fish tank with a fair few bigger fish in it
a bearded dragon
a western collared lizard (was 2)
3 leopard geckos
a royal python
Rio - my original staffy cross

and i've just bought a Northern Inuit as a friend for Rio. If i hadn't started coming on reptile forums i would probably still just have Rio and fish.

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
I'm afraid I was already well hooked before coming on to the forum.

Because of the forum I have met a lot more people who share my interests locally and across the UK... and also have gone to a lot more UK shows because of the information shared here :)

But as buying reptiles goes, I'm afraid I was doomed to be addicted long before I found RFUK :)

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
the only pet i had was a cat.
I now have 2 snakes, 9 lizards and 1 frog.
And sadly no cat :(

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I loved reptiles before i came on this forum, but i was on another forum way before this one!

Comin to this specific forum, and talking and doing business with certain members, i have gained...
1 desert iguana
0.2 leo's (coming tomorrow, nov 3rd)
2 leaf insects (coming next wednesday)
5 sun beetles
my female gerbils

and ive met some people too.

If it was'nt for the internet though and i think thats the MAIN thing here, i would not have....
my beardy
my iggy
my vittikins
my rankins
my stenos
etc etc
......i think it's better if i just said i'd only have my green anoles and a couple of odd's and sods. lol

Saying that, my sister would not have her cat had it not been for the internet. lol

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
and i've just bought a Northern Inuit as a friend for Rio. If i hadn't started coming on reptile forums i would probably still just have Rio and fish.
I'm sure the inuit wasn't too chuffed about leaving his igloo and all his polar bear friend.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
I already had a few years of collecting reps, although this site has helped me sell more than i could have elsewhere i think :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have been keeping reptiles before this forum so it hasn't stopped me from collecting more as I would have anyway.
One thing which has changed is that I am on it all the time, I'm addicted to it lol.

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
they didn't have an internet when i kept lots of things. now i just have a few and mostly enjoy going herping.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
has broadened my views on keeping animals and getting to know people and shoiws but don't really rely on forums to get advice as already have a list of people on MSN or who i know should i want to know things quick and kep reptiles before i got internet and just made things easier with peoples experiences

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Too much!

It hasn't changed my attitude or love of reptiles, nor has it made me keep more animals, cos I'd have 'wall-to-wall' animals if my hubby didn't keep me under control.

What it has done is robbed me of hours of time, cos I'm addicted to learning about reptiles (and people!), taught me loads that I didn't know, helped me when I've needed help (and I've always thought breeders and people who own often know more than the 'experts') and shown me some of the most beautiful reptiles I've ever seen!!

Thank you RFUK!

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i do go on a fair bit, although the computer is on more than i am on it, if that makes sense

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I wanted a leopard gecko before I joined, however I joined so I could ask some question and gain knowledge before I bought it.
After joining this forum I now want a snake, something I never though I'd ever want as a pet!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts