Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm applying for tortoise insurance... But aorund how much does a 5 year old Hermanns toroise cost? The insurance needs to know how much it costs. please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
hi, can't answer your question but which firm are you getting the insurance through as i am looking into getting mine insured. thanks

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
well, how much did you pay? at petshops i've seen older hermanns in they are £185, or if you were to buy privatley i'd think about £150 but these are just what i have seen and my opinions.
Exotic Direct - Insurance for Birds, Mammals and Reptiles
these are the only ones i know who insure torts

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I'll say one thing about insurance a lot of people prefer to put some money away in a bank account, in all the nearly 5 years I've had them I've never needed a vet and I don't think they cover the more common things such as worming etc (if you do worm). Its well worth checking what exactley is covered as you could just be putting your money into nothing, torts seem to be hardy creatures especially if they are kept outside in the summer/hibernated and tort tables used rather than vivs, it also helps to buy from a breeder rather than a shop, in other words is you do things right the odds of needing a vet are very slim and you could have a little savings account just for your tort.

·
Registered
23,314 Posts
I put money aside each month into my 'vet pot' that I have incase of emergencies - reckon it worths out cheaper in the long run to be honest :2thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts