Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm wondering - how much is it for a tub of crickets? I'm trying to work out the average price in the uk.
Please add your shop's price here. Oh and can you also say what size & roughly how many is in a tub if that's possible.
Thanks!!!

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
Local shop is £3.50 a tub, never sure how many you get to use cos they are crap.

Another shop I know, about 30 miles away is £2.20 tub. Never counted them

I sell on to mates at £2.00 a tub, just fill it up so dont count. I do bags of 1000 std browns at £15, but again, only to mate locally and only cos I get like 4-6 thousand a week !

·
Registered
250 Posts
my shop is around £2.15 a tub of around 15-30 crickets medium size.

online you can buy them in bulk bag which save you alot of money at around £5.18 but if you get one of them your reptile needs to eat alot and you need sufficient storage i.e. another viv for them...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Gt Harwood, nr Blackburn, Lancs, 50-75 medium brown crix £2.50
20 medium locusts £2.00 That's per tub. Never bulk bought but get the feeling I'm gonna have to any time soon! Little buggers are eating me out of house & home! Gotta love 'em. :?

·
Registered
146 Posts
The crix i get from my local pet shop are £2.10 a tub and the amount varies on the size. The ones i get are about 1 - 2 cm in length as i only have a baby beardy. and i get around 100 crix in the one tub.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sorry: good point, never occurred to me that its not a standard measurement. :oops:
Our medium size insects are 2-3cm long and quite fat (about 75 mm across in the case of crix)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi, Maxine. Can you post or pm the source of your crix for me. As I say: I'm looking to go bulk soon. Ta, chuck. :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Tub of mediums is £2.50 in my local.

Thx
Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts