Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange question, I know!
But after getting my lovely baby yesterday she hasnt pooped at all!
Shes eating fine, infact stuffing her face on cricks. Just wont eat her greens!!! Typical kid :lol2:

So does anyone have any idea if this is normal? Surely somethin would wanna come out by now..

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Strange question, I know!
But after getting my lovely baby yesterday she hasnt pooped at all!
Shes eating fine, infact stuffing her face on cricks. Just wont eat her greens!!! Typical kid :lol2:

So does anyone have any idea if this is normal? Surely somethin would wanna come out by now..
WHat i find with Helio is she poops around 10am (same time every day) after eating. SO she will eat, poop the following day, then eat then poop etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHat i find with Helio is she poops around 10am (same time every day) after eating. SO she will eat, poop the following day, then eat then poop etc.
Surely she should of had a poo by now then?
If she doesnt poo by tomorrow evening i will give her a warm bath jus incase she has a blockage :0(

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Surely she should of had a poo by now then?
If she doesnt poo by tomorrow evening i will give her a warm bath jus incase she has a blockage :0(
When you give him/her a warm bath, stimulate near the base of the tail where its fatter in smooth circles, Helio did not poop for 2 weeks when she was ill, done that and it all came out lol not a pleasant thing but it cleared her blockage and now shes right as rain again =)

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
how old is she ?
what are your temps like?
what substrate is he on?

your basking temp needs to be about 105f
if its not that then he might not be digesting his food properly
a warm bath may help (baby warm up to his sholders) keep his head up above water and just in front of his vent rub his tummy going in little circles this should help
give a warm bath today dont wait till tomorrow as tomorrow never comes

·
Registered
264 Posts
my beardie is a year old and has started going once every 7-10 days between poos he has fresh veg daily and 20-25 crickets daily and a bath once a week he doesnt have constapation or runs poos fine when he decides to go i had a fecal done and came bck clear >.< temps are 110-115 basking and 80 cool end food is dusted every day vet said he may just be a tight arse :p and wants to keep hold of it hahaha

·
Super Moderator
9,455 Posts
Don't forget you've just got her, she may be a little stressed to let things out lol. I wouldn't worry unduly yet as she's eating so this is a good sign. Babies poop every day and as they get older this decreases with adults sometimes only going once a week or more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how old is she ?
what are your temps like?
what substrate is he on?

your basking temp needs to be about 105f
if its not that then he might not be digesting his food properly
a warm bath may help (baby warm up to his sholders) keep his head up above water and just in front of his vent rub his tummy going in little circles this should help
give a warm bath today dont wait till tomorrow as tomorrow never comes
She's about 10 weeks old.
Temps are great, checking them all the time : victory:
She's on a lino type flooring, looks like sand and gravel and has a good texture.. No loose substrate :2thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't forget you've just got her, she may be a little stressed to let things out lol. I wouldn't worry unduly yet as she's eating so this is a good sign. Babies poop every day and as they get older this decreases with adults sometimes only going once a week or more.
Im hoping its cause she is getting used to her new surroundings..

She is eating loads of cricks, bloody piggy me thinks!!!
Just want her to eat some greens...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting quite worried as she still hasn't pooped!
Shes active and eating but doesnt seem to wanna go.. Bellys not swollen so really hope its cause shes getting settled in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey there, when my beardie was a baby, it took about 2days for her to poo after I got her, she then went on to have poo after poo and it was neverending lol, but was never on a set routine or anything, it just happened when it happened, although she was already eating greens when I Purchased her so maybe thats why she was so good at pooping,shes a year old now and the story is very diff, she NEVER poos in her viv anymore, the only time she will poo is when I put her in a warm bath and rub her belly!

·
Registered
151 Posts
hiya! i got 2 babies 3 weeks ago and whilst one was not shy in this area (IN the salad bowl :bash: :lol2:) the other one went a couple of days even though she was eating loads more....

suppose they're all diff. just keep an eye on yours and when it goes you'll be able to smell it from outside :lol2:

Jac x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts