Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if you guys and gals think this is a trivial question but.........How often should a corn snake hatchling drink? :? i ask this as my baby corn hasnt drunk since i have got him (just over a day)

thanks for any advice.....tomgriffin :wink:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
my corn drinks just after eating,then whenever hes thirsty i suppose, i sometimes see him and sometimes not, if youve only just gothimhe could be a bit stressed and need to settle in.

·
Registered
726 Posts
How do you know if your snake has drunk or not surley hatchlings wont drink that much that you can see the difference in the water bowl which is what I guess you are going by.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies :wink: , i dont think he is stressed :? , i have seen him go through his water bowl so i think he may have had a drink then.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have had my corn for two months now and have never seen him drink, however i know he does cuase i have to fill the bowl up for him.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just the fact that he's in new surroundings will mean he's feeling stressed to some degree - best to leave him as undisturbed as possible (diffcult I know) for a week or so to let him settle and get used to his new surroundings.

You probably won't see him drink for a while yet - but when he poo's, the chalky white part is his wee (it comes out as a paste and dries quickly), so you'll be able to see that he's been drinking from that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts