Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I saw a picture of a cb10 pastel and it weighed over 1kg.
I'm wanting to buy a cb11 normal royal and wondering how long it would for it to grow out of a small terrarium?

Many thanks

J.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I read about 12'' per year in length..?

·
Registered
572 Posts
hopefully someone with some more knowledge an help you. I only own 1 cb11. But as a extremly rough guide my royal weighed 76g in beginning of June. She now weighs 201g as of yesterday. she is on a bit of a growth spurt I believe though lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hopefully someone with some more knowledge an help you. I only own 1 cb11. But as a extremly rough guide my royal weighed 76g in beginning of June. She now weighs 201g as of yesterday. she is on a bit of a growth spurt I believe though lol
what sort of viv do you have for your royal then?

J.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It varies quite alot.All depends on how often it feeds really and just the same as people they are all different sizes.
Just to give you an example I have a female pastel that I bought in october 2010 she weighed 140gr,she now weighs 920gr.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
it totally depends how it feeds, i have a 2010 male who struggled to get going that has just made the grand weight of 200g, i also have a 2010 mouse eater het pied that was 1172g last time i weighed her and has had 8 jumbo mice since .

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Hi

I saw a picture of a cb10 pastel and it weighed over 1kg.
I'm wanting to buy a cb11 normal royal and wondering how long it would for it to grow out of a small terrarium?

Many thanks

J.
You've got to remember we're nearly in 2012, so an early 2010 is going on for 2 years old.: victory:

Some will grow quicker than others, mainly depending on how well they feed.

·
Registered
873 Posts
My normal is a CB10, but was apparently a problem feeder and had to be force fed at one point - I got him last November at 18" long and he weighed 260g in December, he's a brilliant feeder and only missed 2 weeks since I've had him, and that was because the rats I tried were too big for him (although he gave them a good try before giving up), he has 2 large mice a week atm, at the end of last month he weighed 750g and was 30" long.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My lesser was hatched April 2011, was 71g then and now is around 300g empty

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
as a couple of examples,my spider female was 146 grams when i got her in march,she is now 320 grams. and my normal female (dont know if she is het for anything,and bought as normal) was 500 grams when i got her back in february she is now 924 grams.royals growth rate seems quite a bit faster than my boas(b.c.i.) : victory:

·
Registered
572 Posts
what sort of viv do you have for your royal then?

J.
Again size of the viv, will depend on the royal in question. The royal I have currently is in a large 2 foot. it's 24x15hx18w. She started in a 18" monkfield but has never been a shy snake, She is quite a bolshy royal. So she's been in the viv since I have pretty much got her. I think she was 4 months old when I moved her into the viv.

However I'm getting a new royal this week, which I will start in a 9 litre and go from there, if she is anything like Athena, il move her upto a 12 and then a viv. Just depends soley on the snake. Some prefere smaller spaces.

·
Registered
436 Posts
all animals grow at at different rates having a regurlar feeding regime helps in the growing process but some animals althought feeding well can still grow at a slower pace than others

·
Registered
435 Posts
My pastel girl was 3 weeks old when I got her at PRAS last October, she was teeny. My first recorded weight for her was 419g in early December, (although unsure if that's empty) she's 1 next weds and is just shy of 1000g, she eats like a pig and has never missed a feed, but I have to be honest I'm not sure how long she is, I'll have to see if I can measure Her!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
well lets put it this way

i have
2006 which weighs 1.6kg (F)
2008 which weighs 1.3 kg (F)
2008 which weighs 700g (F)
2010 which weighs 800g (M)
2010 which weighs 290g (M)
2011 bought at creaks weighed 72g now weighs 142g (F)

as a snap shot

its hard to pin down growth rates as well lets face it they are all differnt

: victory:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts