Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
They are meant to be around 50grams and a year or so before laying, if she is there is no way to stop her to my knowledge, although the first eggs are sometimes infertile anyway. If she is with a male i would separate them now as she is too small to be laying for a while.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
no she hasn't been with a male as it says in the other thread in breeding. just developed eggs!!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry should have posted better she's in a stack with all females and has a female cagemate around the same size, my males are a couple of meters away in another stack

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Thats fine i have no idea then, i should have read the other thread im lazy lol.

The advice in the other thread sounds good too me.. good luck with everything and i hope shes ok, lots of food is in order i think lol as they loose quite a bit of weight when they lay : victory:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now the eggs are there they need to come out.
i'd heard of leos reabsorbing eggs but i think she's due to drop any day now. too late to cool her, is she likely to lay more clutches?

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
37g, I wouldn't worry a hell of a lot. BUT I would suggest LOADS of Waxworms to help her with her weight so that she doesn't have many problems. Another thing, can she see a male? I have read that females can also produce eggs just by sight of a male......Basically similar to our Phantom Pregnancys I suppose :S

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
none of my leos can see each other as they are all on the same wall and all in glass fronted wooden stacks, maybe i put a males hide in when i cleaned them out or something but they've been disinfected since then so hopefully this will be the only set of eggs she lays til she's bigger

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
37g isnt too small to worry too much mate, just do the obvious (all you can), loads of food, calcium, water. Possibly house alone if you can so she is more comftable and might eat better.

She shouldn't lay much more at that weight but as long as everything is offered there isn't really anything you can do.

Ben

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
she layed a single, half size egg today, 2g and at the moment she won't eat, usualy she's trying to climb into the food tub as i dish out but laying must have realy stressed her out. is fruit baby food likely to be eaten? she won't touch crested gecko diet stuff. what flavours do other peoples leos eat?

·
Registered
979 Posts
she layed a single, half size egg today, 2g and at the moment she won't eat, usualy she's trying to climb into the food tub as i dish out but laying must have realy stressed her out. is fruit baby food likely to be eaten? she won't touch crested gecko diet stuff. what flavours do other peoples leos eat?
its more a case of making her eat it, if you put blobs on her nose, she will lick it off coz its just a natural instinct, try a chicken of meat one, i had a quite a lot of sucess with a chicken one, on a little spoon just put a bit on the end, pick the leo up and just touch its mouth with the spoon and mine sort of tryed to bite the spoon whilst getting the food in their mouth.
my little one layed one egg then 3 days later layed another one. then started eating again i tempted her with a squashed waxworm rubbed around her face first then gave her a couple of them

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
put cgd on her nose and she wiped it off on the side of the viv instead of licking it off, i'll get some chicken baby food and maybe some peach too, you know, for afters lol

·
Registered
979 Posts
put cgd on her nose and she wiped it off on the side of the viv instead of licking it off, i'll get some chicken baby food and maybe some peach too, you know, for afters lol
you could try watering it down a little and using a pipette or syringe to put a little in her mouth, they do tend to open there mouth when they feel something against it, just give her a tiny bit every couple of hours or so, otherwise she'll be sick and your back to square one.
i'm sure she'll start eating on her own though soon so don't worry about it too much, when they are finished laying they are normally real hungry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts