Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been curious how snake owners would/how they dispose of dead snakes.I keep small snakes so i attend to bury them in the back garden but how would someone dispose of an adult dead Burmese python.I'm sure everyone will have different ways so all posts are welcome,can you state the type of snake/snakes

·
Registered
25,695 Posts
My local vets will cremate them. Ranges from £15-£60 depending on the size of the animal (it gets put through on the till as a hamster, rabbit, cat, dog, etc. depending on the weight usually so it varies).

I've personally never been a fan of burying animals in the garden, but then I move houses fairly often and I'd feel a bit awkward leaving a lawn with a dead snake underneath it behind.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
I've personally never been a fan of burying animals in the garden, but then I move houses fairly often and I'd feel a bit awkward leaving a lawn with a dead snake underneath it behind.
I have lived here for 8 years, I take it you would not like my garden :gasp:

Better still, my mums was bought in 1960/61, more animals under that garden, than in your local zoo. :mf_dribble:

Only one lizard and no snakes, yet.......

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I bury mine - the biggest is a 21ft Retic under the bamboo at the bottom of the garden. As I have been in the house for 33 years there is a hell of a menagerie out there - cats, assorted small furrys, snakes - including lots of big pythons and boas, monitor lizards, iguanas and a small crocodile - plus a coatimundi.

Sometime in the future archaeologists may get a very distorted view of the fauna of Ruislip if they hold a dig here. :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I saw a service which offered to turn pets into skeletal displays, the results looked awesome, probably not very everyone tho
I kind of like the idea of this, but I would probably cry like a baby every time I saw the skeleton. :(

Does nobody simply flush their dead pets down the toilet anymore? Granted some species take more flushing then others but nothing a bit of elbow grease on the old plunger won't sort out. :2thumb:
If you can get a full grown anaconda down the bog with a plunger, I will give you the entire contents of my spare change jar. And a kit-kat. :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
I kind of like the idea of this, but I would probably cry like a baby every time I saw the skeleton. :(

If you can get a full grown anaconda down the bog with a plunger, I will give you the entire contents of my spare change jar. And a kit-kat. :2thumb:
You don't have a Kit-Kat anymore:blush:....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hope this don't offended anyone but if anyone would like to donate there snake to a guy I know he is looking to set up reptiles as he is a taxidermist.

He can do furrys and fish np

But would like to venture to reptiles.

So if anyone close would like to have there done drop me a pm

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hope this don't offended anyone but if anyone would like to donate there snake to a guy I know he is looking to set up reptiles as he is a taxidermist.

I think you should post this in the RIP section of the forum, direct marketing at it's finest!

Reactions: levizar

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Does it have to be a snake?

I have a body that I don't need, and with there legs and feet tied, they look kind of like a snake....

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I didn't mean anything by it I just wanted people to have a chance if keeping the snake or lizards with the rather than rotting in the ground

Like I said I don't want to be offensive
I didn't say or think you were being offensive! just thought if you are after dead snakes that's a good place to look :)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

None taken.All comments are welcome!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pet cemetary

There is a pet cemetary in Cambridge. I have a bearded dragon there. Cremation and ashes scattered arranged through a local vet.

Reactions: Bombjack
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.