Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put my tortoises out in their enclosure in the summer and want to install a web cam that i can view on my mobile phone but haven't got a clue where to start,does anyone know what i need to buy

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
I want to put my tortoises out in their enclosure in the summer and want to install a web cam that i can view on my mobile phone but haven't got a clue where to start,does anyone know what i need to buy
You can buy cameras that let you watch on your pc you would probably need a security camera

You may be able to watch online via your mobile but it would possibly depend on software compatibility unless it uploads the feed onto the internet and you could watch on your mobiles browser but then file formats come in to the equation and whether or not the format is supported by your phone

Someone will be along who can help but I would say this is perhaps a better question for an IT forum

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i'm also planning on the same for my turtles.
you need to buy an IP web camera,mine should arrive mon or tues,need to set your router up to,something to do with ports and DNS.if i work it out and get mine working i'll post how i done it,i have some IT knowledge but not ver yclued up on networks.

steve

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a d-link wireless ip webcam in my indian stars viv. You can then download the free d-link app on your mobile, and watch it wherever you want!!
Works really well for me, and was easy enough to setup! :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My camera has arrived today so will hopefully try and set it up later.
Will keep you updated

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts