Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Depressingly, we have decided that it is time to let our big girl go. She's wonderful, 7ft, good feeder, sheds easy, does all she should do, and when she and my partner moved in in September 2010 things were good. However, she made it clear from the off that there was something about me she didn't like.

Now she strikes the glass every time I walk past the tank. (Unless she can't see me!)

We have 6 other snakes who I handle on a very regular basis, and I feed all the snakes, although she is more difficult as she will go for me. She is fine with my partner (has tagged him once last year, but we think it was where she was trying for me)

It just seems that we are setting her up to fail constantly, which isn't fair, and so we are looking to rehome her. I don't just want to flog her off though, she deserves a good home.

Any ideas on how to do this would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Classified section / preloved?

Phil

Depressingly, we have decided that it is time to let our big girl go. She's wonderful, 7ft, good feeder, sheds easy, does all she should do, and when she and my partner moved in in September 2010 things were good. However, she made it clear from the off that there was something about me she didn't like.

Now she strikes the glass every time I walk past the tank. (Unless she can't see me!)

We have 6 other snakes who I handle on a very regular basis, and I feed all the snakes, although she is more difficult as she will go for me. She is fine with my partner (has tagged him once last year, but we think it was where she was trying for me)

It just seems that we are setting her up to fail constantly, which isn't fair, and so we are looking to rehome her. I don't just want to flog her off though, she deserves a good home.

Any ideas on how to do this would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
Definitely classifieds on here. State in your advert thatyou will ask plenty of questions on how the new prospective owner is going to care for her, what they intend to keep her in, right equipment like stats and guarded bulbs etc, what their experience is with bigger snakes and snakes in general. You can usually get a feel for people as you chat through these things before arranging to meet and if you don't like the sound of them or you think they are the wrong home then don't sell.
Anyone who really wants to give a caring home to your boa will understand your need to ask questions and will answer them gladly and in the right way.
Good luck finding her a home : victory:

Reactions: April Taylor

·
Registered
715 Posts
The only thing that I'd add to what others have suggested is trying as best you can to work out why she's so agressive towards you and only you. Obviously you'd certainly not want the same thing to happen with any prospective new owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts