Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my hubby already deems me as being mad. he never has a go at me for filling the livingroom with vivs or the spare bedroom with rodents or the kennel block and the welsh ponies. Just sighed at the time I came home with a turkey!
well, he has been shaking his head a little at the snakes. due to now having 11. (getting 2 snow corns on sunday) . He dosen't mind but would rather have an easy life. My best mate knows whats he's like so it was just as much shock to her when he answered his mobile to one of his work mates who's cousin is giving away 2 lizards (haven't even a clue what they are) ste just saying 'yes I'll have them mate!'
I'm thinking, he's saying yes and he ain't even a clue what they are and I know that I'll do all the work and feeding etc lol
All he's been told is that they are spotty! god could be a list of different things. He's hoping that they are leo's as he's a soft spot for them. He loves our dragon who he named 'Smaug'. Think he's getting jealous of the snakes as he's always been more lizards. and now my daughter is snake mad I think he knows they are going to take over lol
Bless him.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hehe, cool. Im dead lucky My husband loves snakes and lizards as much as me

·
Registered
574 Posts
Lol its great when the whole family share your passion isnt it, you obviously know Martin loves reptiles and our kids have also got into them too, even the 8month old baby Marshall lol

Good luck with the lizards whatever they are lol

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooo he loves them, he just pains at us having so many.
He was brought up not having loads of pets, he only ever had 1 hamster, 1 rabbit and a mouse that the cat got. oo and his mum had 19 cats when I met him! lol
I came from being the eldest of 6, having bred rodents and rabbits most of my childhood. working on farms and petshops and going to Myerscough.
City lad, rural lass. Get round him by being a great cook hehehe
Who else would I get that lets me have anything within reason.
He just sighs now and gets over it cause to make a comment is to end up with another dog lol

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i got half way through the 1st line and then though... 'well, you are female' lol

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aye, I am most definately female, that is me in my avatar. lol
But yes the lots of ponies thing is def a female thing, never got to have my own as a kid so I'm making up for it now 13 ponies and 2 foals due next may and one booked from another stud for august time lol making sure the kids get everything else I didn't have. Well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
shall i read the rest of it now then?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
exactly the same as us pimp..... the 'i didnt have it then' thing; i'll make sure my lot have it now. excellent attitude and devotion. nice one.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I agree, think a lot of others would too.... :wink: Meant posting the picture, lol, not Hubbys are weird.... Can vouch that ex-wives are though...

Steve

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok well this is one of me. My ex is a photographer and I did a shoot for him (well a couple really).

G

·
0 Posts
Now thats what i call good photography.Very good use of light and tones and a nice subject matter as well.

See guys i dont perv it is all about the picture to me.

Can anyone really tell i aint got a clue what im talking about :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers Guys. Not bad when I've had a bath and ain't covered in horse muck and mud. lol
Just spent a few hours on the farm while my sister schooled her daughter on the New Forest pony I made 2 big field gates. well had all this timber piled up and we needed a field gate for the paddock for the new ponies coming on the 18th. So I made some and bloody good they are too! Carpenters daughter me!
Off to B&Q Warehouse tomorrow to pick up a load of wood cause me and hubby are gonna start building a viv stack or 2! lol
So give it a couple of weeks and I'll have 2 nice new vivs stacks, well chuffed.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
husbands

yep i will agree they are odd most of the times (mine all the time),he gave up moaning bout how many animals i had when i got my sixth corn snake(it started with one leo and a baby corn)i am now up to 6 corns and 18 eggs,2 beardies,5 leos,1 royal,1 hognose,1 milk snake,2 spiders(daft as i am scared stiff of them???),1 anole,4 gerbils,1 rabbit,1 tokay gecko and not forgetting the 4 kids(they are animals most of the time :lol: )oh yeah and getting a boa next week to my very first 1 and i am soooo excited.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Pimperella,
Cheers Guys. Not bad when I've had a bath and ain't covered in horse muck and mud. lol
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...(say this in a west country farmer stylee!!!)...ave you got any pics of you covered in orse muck n mud :lol: :wink: !!!...T.T. 8)

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I took one today but hardly modeling wise! I was being chuffed at my gate I built and getting the really expensive £20 hinges for £2.80 on clearence! even better! So it was just me doing farmer pose with my gate! lol
Bought all my contiboard today, all cut to size so hubby can make me a 2 foot x 18in x 18in 4 viv stack. That'll be for the Hoggies so they have their own stack. Then hopefully next week I'll get all the contiboard for the 3ft x 18in x 18in stack of 4 for the Corns. Just got to source good priced saftey glass now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts