Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help we have got high humidity up to 70% at the mo 10am today,was ok before i put in food (dandilion leaves ) and a water bowl was down to 20%
heat lamp working fine and temps are ok aswell just to humid ??????

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
can anyone help we have got high humidity up to 70% at the mo 10am today,was ok before i put in food (dandilion leaves ) and a water bowl was down to 20%
heat lamp working fine and temps are ok aswell just to humid ??????
sure!! your tyrannosaurus rex will be fine!:no1:

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
What are you on today Habu??? :lol2:
well, he didn't even say what he was trying to keep. a tortoise? an iguana?...i don't know...:grin1: sorry, some key info was missing i believe!:lol2:

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
well, he didn't even say what he was trying to keep. a tortoise? an iguana?...i don't know...:grin1: sorry, some key info was missing i believe!:lol2:
Could be a rabbit they eat dandelion leaves :lol2:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Leave The Glass Doors Open And Keep The Heat Lamp On Full [not That Ive Been Able To Grasp Your Set Up Or What Equipment Or Temps Your Keeping Despite Numerous Comunications For Some Reason Lol]
Take Out The Dandelion Leaves And The Water Bowl And Get The Humidity Back Down Before Trying Again.

Were The Leaves Wet?
Did U Put Them In The Hot End?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
beardy set-up

well i knew there was sumat wrong when my t-rex ate my bunny, what am i doing wrong.
sorry bout that this morning for got to mention that i was new and it is a beady set up.

3x2x2 wooden viv with glass doors.
75w heat lamp.
repti-glo 5 uvb tube
calci-sand base.

water bowl (little)
two logs
one rock

humidity now gone back down to 30% now heat lamp been on all day, just at night it seems to go up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
even with my limited knowledge i can tell you that you should probably take your beardy off that calci-sand. it isn't fully digestable and is known to cause compaction especially if your beady is young.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
even with my limited knowledge i can tell you that you should probably take your beardy off that calci-sand. it isn't fully digestable and is known to cause compaction especially if your beady is young.

Yes - remove the sand immediately. Clean viv out completely and make sure it's really dry, put in some newspaper and leave doors open a bit. When it's bigger it can go on a different substrate (just not calci-sand). I keep my rankins dragons on a mix of tile (warm end) and some soil/playsand mix the cool end.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
stop putting a water bowl in the viv

ive been keeping beardies for a while now and have NEVER put a water bowl in my humidity levels stay real low just how it should be.

if you are really wanting to get rid of the calci sand put in some play sand i have never had any problems using play sand

1 - 12 of 12 Posts