Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Here i am once again to seek knowledge from your helpful selves!

I'll be getting my baby panth cham on sunday! :2thumb:

I'm trying to configure the temp and humidity levels now.
Currently, the probe for the temp is on the branch of where I hope he will be basking (under the lamp) and its giving me 27.8 degrees C - Can anyone clarify if this is ok?

Secondly, my probe for the hygrometer is positioned middle, but at the door of the viv - will this pose any problems?
After a minutes misting, the level is 88% which after 10 minutes it has dropped to 60%
I'm not opting for live plants currently as im worried about the harbouring of bacteria etc...

Can anyone clarify the following regarding humidity:

Location of the sensor is ok or not?
What levels of humidity should i be having constantly?
How i could improve my current % for the humidity

Thanks guys :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
A Basking temp for an adult is good at around 90°f I'd say.

Don't worry about keeping a constantly high humidity, a normal humidity (50 percent-ish) is fine between the spraying.

To be honest i don't measure the humidity in the viv (reptibreeze) of my cham, I just keep one on the wall next to his viv, mainly because the hygrometer kept falling down when it was in his reptibreeze. It doesn't give me an accurate reading in his viv after i spray him, but it gives me the room humidity. It might not be the best method, but it has worked for me and my cham for over 2 years. I rarely keep an eye on the humidity, I only check the humidity when the heating is on.

Hope this is of some help.

Just realised you said a baby cham, a temp of around 74-80°f is good for a baby under 8 months

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the replies!
I guess i shouldn't be that worried about the humidity then :)
I'll post pics of my baby and the viv soon :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts