Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya dudes,

i have two whites tree frogs as said before and i cant seem to keep their humidity levels constant, it always falls down. they are in a new viv, 45x45x60 with two heat mats and a 40w spot bulb on the left hand side, the humidity gage is in the midle of the viv. the viv is exo terra so has plenty of ventilation with wire meshing at the top. it currently has soil as a substrate and a big water bowl. every morning and evening i am pouring water over the soil, this works in the evening where the humidity goes up to 60%! but in the morn i pour and spray but it just goes down and then i have to spray it all the time just to keep them happy. the huimidity lewvels are currently 21% which is stupidly low, so i keep spraying them but its not good.

has anyone gotten any long term solutions please i would realy appreciate the help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey,

are you saying this from experience? i would do anything to get my frogs having a happy and healthy life. does a waterfall really work then with humidity? you might not know this but how do the waterfall actually work, i mean do you have to keep topping it up or something?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh right, how cool. so do you think thats the onlyt solution? will it make my humidity levels go to 60% or 50 at least?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you, i have now moved my heat mat to the side of the viv and placed a plant over it (so it still looks good, and for humidity like you said). it has already started to work with the humidity gpoing up and up, depending on the humidity levels depends on wether il get a waterfall or not.

so again, thanx very much. half way through that achievement flubber escaped from his tub and went on the run in my room, it was sooo scary but also funny, i found him after 5mins with cobwebs all over him ah bless him. haha.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey,

yeah i have a big bowl anyway that they both enjoy swimming in. they stretcjh their legs out in it. this seems to be working, the humidity is up already. thanx loads for ur help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi.

I use a eko terra water fall with the fogger for humidity and that works really well. About £45 for a medium size one, seems to do the job. Looks nice as a feature 2.

:p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah,

thanx for all your imputs, i have put my heatmat on the side of the viv now and gotten myselkf a striplight instead of the bulb i had and thatys worked really well, for a week now, the temperature has been a good 80 degrees and the humidity has been satable at 50% which is a vast improvement. so thanx dudes for all your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts