Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if anyone else's BP seems more active than normal at the moment. Mine doesn't seem to be spending much time in her hides the last week (they're both identical) and nothing has changed. She seems to be just hanging out outside her hot end hide and watching and waiting (even when just been fed) and will move towards me when I approach her. She just seems to want out all the time. I wondered if it might be something to do with the time of year, any change in barometric pressures (as mentioned on another forum) peculiar to the UK at the moment or just going through an extra-hungry phase.

First time she's ever done this to us (she's a year and a half). She normally just stays in her hides all day only venturing out in the evening (and not always then!!)

Apart from that she seems normal and healthy (just more active and being out all the time).

I'm sure I'm just being paranoid ;)

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
mines just shed so wasnt moving anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
gota say my male is doing this constantly, and its the first yr he has been of breeding weight so I think he wants a lil lovin!! :D

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
well my royal (who i guessed was a girl) has been quite active as of late, the person that has been looking after him/her for the past two weeks said that s/hes been roaming about alot, regular as clockwork, starts at 5:00. s/he's exploring her viv right now actually, leaning up against the glass. s/hes only a baby though, born in early may, so s/he cant be exhibiting mating behaviour that young can it?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
funny u should metion that i was just going to post a subject as mine usually only comes out after iv gone bed but now its out all the time soon as it night time. i thought it might have been cos iv changed substrates but maybe it too wants some loving . iv only noticed it the last week though.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
hissy has been doin the same thing i thought he was just exploring after bein ill but hes doin exactly wot every1 elses is doin wierd

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
i actually read about this somewere when i was working in the pet shop and i think it said it has something to do with the breedin season

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My big male was up and about, but I stuck some more hides in his tub and he is hiding again now so.....I unno...:lol: :lol:

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
hissy isnt really that big or old enough 2 be gettin the horn n he is still quite skinny so i dont think its due 2 him wantin his oats

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well mine seems to have calmed down (bit just a bit) now. She used to be a lap-python now she's into anything and everything - exploring daughter's handbag - deciding to take the mug for a walk (got herself stuck in the handle - almost real stuck LOL)

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Mine are always out and about.... since I got them.... dont see them while they shed or if theyre digesting but otherwise theyre always out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts