Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im starting to wonder if theres something wrong with my beardy as every night when the lights go out he seems to go completely mad running about and looking around the viv for food. Hes eating fine during the day and drinks a decent amount of water. So im not sure if hes hunting or just going crazy because its darker. The lights go out at 9pm and the night light comes on just to keep the temp from dropping to much. Any help would be great thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
What is your night light??

Also do you feed the crix in your viv? If so are there any left over running around? Crix are nocturnal and therefore your beardy could be hunting those as he's hungry

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The night light is a infa red night light. Yes i feed the crix in the viv but i make sure i remove any uneaten ones at around 7:30pm.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
try turning the red light off and see if it makes a difference, our beardies used to go a bit mad for the red light once the lights went out when they were young, we assumed they were sensing the heat from it and being "up" still were trying to figure out [and suceeding] where the heat is comin from.

your beardie is prolly just messin around, he does eventually go to sleep yeh?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah he runs around for about 15/25 minutes then he clambers up to below the night light and goes to sleep. Im not overly worried as hes eating drinking and producing faeces as normal plus its pretty amusing to watch i just wanted to make sure that he wasnt stressed.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
yeh hes prolly jsut like.."WHERES THE ****ING LIGHT GONE, IM NOT SLEEPY" AND THEN HE WEARS HIMSELF OUT AND SNOOZES, sorry caps, ours used to do it..i think they lose enthusiasm for things with age so he will prolly grow out of it even tho theres nothin abnormal or harmfull about it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx so much for your replies :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts