Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there does anybody know where i can get these from please?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is yes but not that many as it's for a snake!

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank's for that it just sound's like load's and load's but i bet it isn't really. I have sent him the link. A friend made my siggy for me i like to have a few of them so i can keep changing them.:lol2:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Thank's for that it just sound's like load's and load's but i bet it isn't really. I have sent him the link. A friend made my siggy for me i like to have a few of them so i can keep changing them.:lol2:
There is appox 10,000 mites ranging in size from egg to adult, you can only see the largest adults, all the rest are too small to see. They come in a tub about twice the size of a coke can mixed with soily stuff.

Yep, nothing like a gothy type girl wrapped around a grave stone! :lol2:

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Hypoaspis Miles mites do work very well if you use them correctly.
they appear to work at first but slowly but surely the mites come back which suggests they leave the odd egg etc? i know a few people including me that experienced this so i just thought id mention it. Provent a mite works great though in my experience.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
they appear to work at first but slowly but surely the mites come back which suggests they leave the odd egg etc? i know a few people including me that experienced this so i just thought id mention it. Proventa mite works great though in my experience.
I've used them before with 100% sucess and have been mite free for nearly a year now since the outbreak.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Fair doo's if they are working for you. but i wouldnt personally bother with them again, just trying to put a few more options down....
That's fair enough. The key imo is to use two waves about 10 days apart to get any newly hatched snake mites.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Provent a mite worked for me as well. the hypoaspis mites seem to get very mixed reviews I seem to remember hearing that theyre no good with a newspaper or paper towl substrate.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Provent a mite worked for me as well. the hypoaspis mites seem to get very mixed reviews I seem to remember hearing that theyre no good with a newspaper or paper towl substrate.
I used them with kitchen towels in my vivariums.

I filled a small tray with vermiculite and sprikled lots of the hypoaspis/soil mixture over this and misted the tray and rest of the viv lightly daily for a week. Cleaned the viv and repeated in 7-10 days time.

It will work unless you let the hypoaspis miles mites dry out as this causes them to die off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts