Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chat with a builder friend of mine the other day about the possibility of building a 16 x 10 ft 'Den' at the bottom of my garden, as an office / snake room. It's a long way off - there are other things around the house that need money spending on them - but it got me thinking about what I could put in there... :roll:

So her is my ultimate rack - 15 ft wide, 6 ft high, 2 ft deep:

If only!!! I'd also have room for a 6 x 4 hatchling rack, and could maybe go up another level on this one. Cool eh?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
looks cool mate ....weird ...cos I was thinking over weekend about adding a small extension to my rear ( thats the rear door no ma butt ) .....beinga ex brickie to trade ( been away from tool sfor yrs tho ) could help with costs for me ....just need to sweet talk , barter , beg , plead with the OT

deff makes more sense Deano doing it ...all in one place ....refuge and sanctuary in one room

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, and after my success with the viv, I'll buid it all myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I work from home often, and need somewhere quiet to escape to when the kids get home from school, and it would be nice to have somewhere to retreat to in the evening when eastenders and big brother take over the house!!!

Here's the whole Den:

Also gotta make room for a flat screen TV, Playstation and beer fridge :D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Deano said:
Yep, and after my success with the viv, I'll buid it all myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I work from home often, and need somewhere quiet to escape to when the kids get home from school, and it would be nice to have somewhere to retreat to in the evening when eastenders and big brother take over the house!!!

Here's the whole Den:

Also gotta make room for a flat screen TV, Playstation and beer fridge :D
ah hear ya about the TV mate ...hell on earth them progs ......might wanna cosider a wee gantry on one wall ....for medicinal purposes ..hehe...case ya get a wee nip noo an then ( or a bite from a snake )

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some kinda alcohol dispeser to dumb the pain... :roll: Good call :D

And a pole in the center of the room. As a roof support of course :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Looking good that dude! I've mocked up something very similar for myself for when I move house and get my rep' room! Currently the list that I'm getting in there contains

1 Burm
1 FWC
2 Common Boas
2 Hogg Island Boas
2 Hognoses
2 Royals
2 GTP
4 Beardies
1 Breeding viv for beardies

Would like to get a couple of JCP in there as well but don't think I'll have the room with a hatchling rack :cry:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Deano said:
And a pole in the center of the room. As a roof support of course :lol:
absolutely essential that ...nice shiny one ...they look better....could always hire someone to keep it shiny as well ( they could maybe use a feather boa :) ) ....not fair on the family to do that .

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know, it seems like no matter how much space you have, you'll always find something else you want that you don't have room for!

Even this huge stack couldn't accomadate a couple of Tiawan Beauties or pine snakes. Maybe if I sacrificed the Burm... but I've always wanted one. Maybe I could leave a few in the house...

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SnakeyPete said:
could always hire someone to keep it shiny as well ( they could maybe use a feather boa :)
Maybe I could let the missus in occasionally after work to give it a rub down for me. I'm nice like that...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Deano said:
Maybe I could let the missus in occasionally after work to give it a rub down for me. I'm nice like that...
fair point....advise baby oil ...way better than WD40 ( dont smell as bad either , lol ) good excercise for her ....and maybe wanna consider a wee sound system .. I hear that helps when polishing .

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No oil - wouldn't want her to slip whilst cleaning it! Better to keep it nice and dry for her to grip onto in case she has to hang upside down to get to thoose hard to reach spots :wink:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
:roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:

:thumb: the mind boggle's

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :devil:

Naughty boys.

If I have my way, this year my fince will put his decks into the loft so I can have the spare room. He has had it for the past 5 years...it's my turn now!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
my room will be a reptile room when i have moved house, lol....a pole sounds like a good idea though...don want the roof to cave in on my reps... :lol: :roll: :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts