Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it normal too see the spine of a corn snake? my corn snake eats regularly and has not missed a feed but his spine is quite prominent and visible is this normal? i thought he may be underweight what is your advice please. thanks you

·
Registered
653 Posts
I asked the same thing recently because i can see the spine on both of mine , they feed regularly too. Neither of mine are , i was just being a paranoid newbie but i was told a good indication is if they have saggy skin on their sides (sorry im sure there technical words im missing).

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
I wouldnt say he is underweight, there isnt sagging of the skin and hes got a good round shape to him

This is Troy he was underweight as he was unwell unfortuantley he passed away but you can see the difference, his spine is a lot more prominent as you can see by the way his sides sharply incline down to his belly

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Alright mate that little corn looks fine to me, underweight corns look like triangle shape I have a 5'10" creamsicle who I got from a pet shop, she was very underweight and was a perfect triangle. she's filled out quite a bit now but I've had her a year and she's still slightly underweight

Brian

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Looks perfect to me. Theres so many overweight corns about now unfortunately that it's easy for the perception of what they SHOULD look like to become blurred. A lean snake is a much healthier snake and that little guy is just how a corn should look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts